Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 9:08:51 PM EDT
I have a bunch of new Mags from Bravo Co. and installed Magpul Followers.  When I pushed down on the followers, the spring feels a little weak.  I am thinking it maybe a good idea to switch to Wolf Springs.  What should I do ?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:11:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I wanted to add that I don't blame Bravo Co. for this problem.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:02:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm wondering the same thing...the D&H springs are about the only thing I haven't upgraded. I'm not one for running extra power springs and usually prefer factory, but I'm curious as to what the life expectancy of these springs is.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:12:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I also have some D&H mags with Magpul followers and stock springs and they work fine.

I just bought eight Wolff mag springs to try out and use for my primary mags.

I won't change all my mags to the power springs, they're fine, just replace them when they are worn out.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:05:46 PM EDT
[#4]
bump...anyone have any issues with D&H springs? Are they GTG for a lifetime of light - medium duty service, or will they crap out sooner or later? What is the choice replacement spring? I assume a CS or ISMI spring would be best, but I don't want "extra power"...just a premium spring that won't wear out and become weak over time. The new MagPul followers will probably mask any issue that would arise so it would be nice to know what to expect from these babies.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:24:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I got 10 from bravo and they are actually much stiffer than the center mags I got a month before that.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:32:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Anyone care to guess how many cycles these springs are good for? I don't imagine 10 - 20 cycles on every new mag to check reliability with MagPul followers is any big deal...???
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:48:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:08:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Sweet, a good thing just got better. HAHAHA...thanks man!!! I'll pick a few up with my next mag order.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:02:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I haven't had a problem with the 25 or so D&H (Bushy and Bravo Co. mags lumped in there too) mags I have.

I've put a couple magpul followers in a couple of them, but not for any reason in particular.

WIZZO
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top