Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2003 7:54:44 PM EDT
Looking for opinions on which to buy, a DPMS or Bushmaster M4?  Price appears to be about the same.

Thank you for your input
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 8:11:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Bushmaster
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 8:13:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I'm a Bushmaster fan so I'm biased. [;)]

Get which ever one you like best, but IMO I'd get Bushmaster. Not that DPMS is bad either.
I just like Bushmaster's barrels and the slick coating they put on the inside of the uppers.

I'm surprised that the DPMS is the same price, they are usually a little cheaper or did you
mean they looked the same, not same price?

Overall, get what you feel is best. It's your rifle!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 8:15:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Bushmaster or RRA,I keep hearing stories of DPMS bolts cracking at the cam pin hole of the bolt.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:12:25 AM EDT
[#4]
If a chromed barrel is of utmost importance to you, go with the Bushmaster. If not, and I really don't think it is an issue, go with the DPMS. DPMS puts out a very nice product. The bolts breaking at the cam pin hole is not a rampant issue. From what I have been able to find out. It was due to a bad batch that was hard chromed.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:10:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I`d get a Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 8:56:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I love Bush.

nuf said.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 9:13:01 AM EDT
[#7]
No contest between those two - Bushmaster hands down.

Link Posted: 12/31/2003 9:41:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Vulcan Arms
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 10:03:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Vulcan Arms
View Quote

[;D]That's just wrong HR! Aren't they Hesse? [shock]

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 10:15:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Bushy or RRA.

Vulcan?  Uhmm.  Please search this board for other information on said company.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:38:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Well if this helps any, I sold my DPMS for a Bushmaster.
Bushmasters run great
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:07:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If a chromed barrel is of utmost importance to you, go with the Bushmaster. If not, and I really don't think it is an issue, go with the DPMS. DPMS puts out a very nice product. The bolts breaking at the cam pin hole is not a rampant issue. From what I have been able to find out. It was due to a bad batch that was hard chromed.
View Quote

I thought the M4 DPMS was crome lined?!?!  If you guys would just read this forum, Pat Rogers has already said Colt has far less failures than Bushmaster so that's what this guy should be getting.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:51:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you guys would just read this forum, Pat Rogers has already said Colt has far less failures than Bushmaster so that's what this guy should be getting.
View Quote

Really? I've been dumping thousands of rounds thru my Bushmaster
for the past 2 years with absolute ZERO "0" failures.
My Colt was not the same story.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 2:21:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I think the Bushmaster M4 would be an excellent choice cuz they look so cool.

=)

Make sure to ask these fellas about the break.  I dunno if you can get the Bushy M4 with an AK break or not (there is a Bushy heavy barrel 14.5" with permanent AK break) but I often see posts here that recommend against the mini y-comp break which is standard on the Bushy M4.

I dunno why they don't like the mini-y-comp break, I've never been around one.

I just bought a 20" bushmaster national match target upper with ak break and I can't wait to get it.

But if I was going with a stainless steel bull or super bull, I'd go DPMS for sure - those are so cool looking, especially those sweet 16s! They sorta have that sniper look ya know?  I will own one some day.

I imagine both DPMS and Bushy are great to shoot.  My colt sure is =)

Link Posted: 12/31/2003 6:55:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I've got a Bushmaster M4gery, and I love it to death.
[:D]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 10:00:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I've never owned a Bushy myself but I have had a dpms A2.  My DPMS was not as reliable as my buddies Bushy.  I think the chrome chamber makes all the difference.   Now that I run a colt upper with a chromed chamber I'll put it up against any AR for reliability.   If you're building a plinker get whatever you can find cheaply if it's a rifle you need to run 100% all the time I'd go with a bushy or colt or another 5.56 chambered chrome lined bbl.  My DMPS was challenged by soft brass, or cheap ammo. The colt eats it up.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 11:45:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Get a Bushy or Colt - You won't be sorry!
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 10:56:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Get a Bushy or Colt - You won't be sorry!
View Quote

That says it all[:D]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 12:24:33 PM EDT
[#19]
We issue DPMS guns. I have had to take a few guns off line and send them back to the factory. There are lots of little things in the quality on these rifles that I don't care for.
Pat
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 1:17:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you guys would just read this forum, Pat Rogers has already said Colt has far less failures than Bushmaster so that's what this guy should be getting.
View Quote

~ s0ulzer0
View Quote

But this is PAT ROGERS we're talking about man!!!  His experience in the field far out ways anybody here.  So regardless of your own experience you should be listening to him.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 1:22:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Bushmaster or RRA
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 1:22:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

~ s0ulzer0
View Quote

sarcasm [;)]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 1:58:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

~ s0ulzer0
View Quote

But this is PAT ROGERS we're talking about man!!!  His experience in the field far out ways anybody here.  So regardless of your own experience you should be listening to him.
View Quote

Ok, I'll admit that I've been away from arfcom while helping setup [url]www.sigtalk.com[/url].
Who the hell is [b]PAT ROGERS[/b] and why should I listen to anything he has to say?

Edit - Ok, I found the thread.....

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:33:59 PM EDT
[#24]
I have a bushmaster and dpms,Both are good rifles. They both have about 2000 rnds each through them. Never a problem with the bushy. The only problem I've ever had with the dpms was a jam. This happened is the first 30rds fired. Since then I've never had a problem or jam. They are both 16" A2's. I even went 600rds with the dpms without cleaning just trying to make it fail,but it ran fine. Maybe others on here have put alot more before cleaning, but usually I clean after each trip to woods(range). But if my life depended on one,I'd pick the bushmaster.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top