Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2004 7:07:03 PM EDT
I have a chance to pick up a new DPMS complete lower for a decent price.  I have only had Colt & RRA in the past.  Where does DPMS rate compared to Colt & Rock River?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:58:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Everything I have seen from DPMS has been excellent.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:16:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Just watch out for the cast lowers.  If its at a real good price I would be willing to bet that it is cast.  Theres nothing really wrong with them, some people just dont like them.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:35:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Just watch out for the cast lowers.  If its at a real good price I would be willing to bet that it is cast.  Theres nothing really wrong with them, some people just dont like them.

+1

All of my DPMS stuff has been excellent.  Their lowers are awesome.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:48:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a DPMS lower built up with a J&T kit.  It has been nothing but excellent.  It will become normal in  few days with a few changes!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:58:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I own a DPMS 16" HBAR and I love it.  Never had a problem with it. Accurate as hell.  Also they have great customer service.  Highly recommend them.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:23:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the feedback.  A local dealer has forger or cast (your choice) complete lowers for $160.  If you want a stock it is $!99 for an A@ and $199 for a 4 position (that is deliverable next Tuesday).

I ordered a forged lower and plan to get a 6 position RRA stock.  He has new DPMS M4 uppers with bolt & charging handle $299 without a carrying handle and $399 with the handle.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:02:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks for the feedback.  A local dealer has forger or cast (your choice) complete lowers for $160.  If you want a stock it is $!99 for an A@ and $199 for a 4 position (that is deliverable next Tuesday).

I ordered a forged lower and plan to get a 6 position RRA stock.  He has new DPMS M4 uppers with bolt & charging handle $299 without a carrying handle and $399 with the handle.

That DPMS M4 upper sounds awfully cheap.  Buy a CMMG upper.  They are very nice.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top