Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2005 4:23:56 PM EDT
Anyone have experience with the DPMS .22LR kit. Kiesler’s has them for $109. The indoor range I use will not let me shoot a .223 so I was thinking about getting one to use in between going to my outdoor range.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:58:10 PM EDT
[#1]
The DPMS kit appears to use the same basic bolt and magazine as their dedicated .22 uppers. I have the latter and it works well for me. I also have a GI M261 .22 conversion in a 1:12 barrel and that also works well. The .22 conversion in a 1:9 barrel didn't group too well for me but if your shooting is at 25 yards and under you should be able to find a brand of ammo that will stay under an inch.

The DPMS unit uses ONLY the DPMS or older Colt unit magazines--M261 or Ciener mags won't work at all. Midway has the best price on the magazines, about $23. $109 sounds like a good price for the complete unit. I'd say it would be worth a try at that price.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top