Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2003 3:35:39 AM EDT
I recently purchased some 30#  magazines marked DPMS on the base plate with a lion's head logo. These are finished in black teflon. None of these magazines functions well in any of my AR15's! I am using Lake City ammo. The problem is with feeding; the rounds are catching on the front edge during the cycle. When the bolt tries to strip the next round out of the mag, the tip catches and stops the cycle.

These were purchased new in the bags and have the green plastic followers. Any thoughts on a quick fix or do I have bad magazines. I have never had a brand of magazines function so consistently bad.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 7:11:34 PM EDT
[#1]
hmmm I always thought DPMS mags were made by labelle. I dont own any labelle mags but they are supposed to be very good.
if you got them new maybe they need broke in. I had some new mags (sanchez) and it took a couple cycles before the bolt would strip the top round off of a fully loaded mag.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 11:15:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Interesting then that RGuns is selling NIW, Pre-Ban Teflon 30's w/ green folowers, NO?  See...

[url]http://www.weaponforums.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=164059[/url]

and

[url]http://rguns.net/[/url]

what's up?
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 6:49:26 PM EDT
[#4]
[devil]Here we go again![flame]

[size=6][b]IBTL[/b][/size=6]

Link Posted: 7/20/2003 7:16:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Did I hear RGUNS.

Woo Hoo.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top