Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2007 9:36:27 AM EDT
I just finished assembling a DPMS Lower with a DPMS Lower Receiver Parts Kit and had a couple of problems:

- The kit is missing the Pistol Grip Lock Washer.  Also, the kit contained the trigger guard (not officially listed on the package), but no roll pin to hold it in.

- The widest portions of the trigger were too wide to fit in the receiver (would not fit in either of the DPMS lowers I have), but fit in my Stag without a problem.  A little sanding fixed it; it looked like it was machined a little unevenly.

- It appears that the selector switch was milled with the space for the detent in the Fire position being a little too deep.  You can put it on safe ONCE.  You can swap back and forth as long as you do not drop all the way into FIRE.  Once you do, you have to remove the pistol grip and drop the pin back down.

- It also appears that the Rear Take Down pin was milled with the detent holes set a little too deep on both sides.  It takes a hammer to move that pin back and forth.

Every manufacturer is going to have problems, but so many problems with a single package is a little distressing.  The last DPMS kit I used had no problems.  I'm going to drop them an email and see if they will make good on replacing the missing and not working parts.

** Update:

DPMS sent me an email the next day apologizing for the problem and promised to mail out replacements ASAP.  I received the parts yesterday and installed them.  All of the replacements work fine.

Only new issue is that the trigger guard roll pin is TIGHT!  I helped a friend build another lower today using a DPMS kit in a DPMS lower; he had the same problem with the roll pin, but the rest of his kit worked fine.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 10:18:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure if you are missing parts if you drop them an email they will replace what was missing, they are a reputable manufacturer and unless they want to lose sales, they will mail the parts right out.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 2:27:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm with MALTOSE. Give them a call and they will send the parts right out. I've actually never had a problem with with two of my DMPS rifles.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 4:30:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm fairly confident that DPMS will make good on the replacements, I already sent them an email today, I am betting that I hear back from them tomorrow.  If not, the local dealer that I buy from would take care of me I am sure.  This was mostly a heads up for anyone doing any assembly.  I don't need my lower to be fixed anytime soon, but there are many people on the site that would be rather peeved if they had to wait an extra week try out their new purchase.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top