BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 6:33:38 PM EDT
In regards to the DPMS Lo-Pro upper:

1. How much does it weigh?
2. Will the “slightly higher” rail height allow a detachable A2 carry handle to work with a standard FSB?
3. What direction does the brass eject?
4. Has anyone had any negative experiences with this upper? If so, please describe.

See the following link for more info on the upper: http://www.dpmsinc.com/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=FTT-LP

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:10:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
In regards to the DPMS Lo-Pro upper:

1. How much does it weigh?not sure about weight, it is missing the FA, Brass deflector and dustshield BUT its beefier than a standard upper, so, its a bit fatter
2. Will the “slightly higher” rail height allow a detachable A2 carry handle to work with a standard FSB?The LO-PRO is not any higher than standard Flattops
3. What direction does the brass eject?Brass goes the same direction that a brass deflector does, so pics below
4. Has anyone had any negative experiences with this upper? If so, please describe.None, I have over 2000rds thru mine, never a single issue, ever

See the following link for more info on the upper: http://www.dpmsinc.com/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=FTT-LP

Thanks

Where the brass hits

Over all pic

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:47:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Excellent information.  I've been looking at one of these upper or a slick side A1 for a super light build.  Cash flow is my obsticle.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:57:30 PM EDT
[#3]
If you have a C&R license, Brownell's will give you a discount...that lower is $80...I bought one last year, and I just checked, the price is still the same.  

You can save a LOT of money at Midway as well with a C&R license.  I figure I saved at LEAST $500 or so on all the crap I bought last year from them.  On more expensive stuff, you can save $50 to $100 on one item.    
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top