Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/3/2005 2:22:52 PM EDT
I'm considering my first CavArms build. I'd like to use a DPMS Lo-Pro (no assist or ejection cover) upper receiver with an M-4 profile barrel.
-Does anybody have any experience with these uppers?
-The website says "slightly" taller rail than A3. What does slightly mean? I still want to use BUIS.
-Will an A3 action block hold this receiver? Do I really need the action block?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:10:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/3/2005 6:11:59 PM EDT by von_landstuhl]

Originally Posted By eddiein1984:
-Does anybody have any experience with these uppers?
-The website says "slightly" taller rail than A3. What does slightly mean? I still want to use BUIS.
-Will an A3 action block hold this receiver? Do I really need the action block?

Probably not what you meant, but I just finished it today.

It's just a hair taller. When I put it back to back with a Bushmaster A3 upper, I could feel it's just barely taller.

It's thicker than a normal upper (note the recess for the bolt release), so the low pro will not fit in a Bushmaster action block.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:18:46 AM EDT
That helps a lot! What action block did you find that fit? Were you able to use a standard front sight post or an elevated one?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:11:24 AM EDT
With the Lo Pro I have had to use a barrel vise. This upper is thicker and does not work well in action blocks. I have done two with the barrel vise set up. Just my experience.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:03:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By eddiein1984:
What action block did you find that fit? Were you able to use a standard front sight post or an elevated one?

I used a homemade vice block, but I'm not sure if that's recommended. I'm using the front post that came with the barrel. I haven't shot it yet, so I don't know if that's the right thing to do either. WECSOG!
Top Top