Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/8/2006 3:01:07 AM EDT
I purchased a DPMS 22lr upper last week, put it on top of a RRA lower. Went to the range for the first time with it last night. I fired approx. 300 rds. I used Winchester, Federal and CCI brand ammo. I had one FTF in the first 50rds. The remainder of my session went great. The gun performed extremely well and was quite accurate, and really fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:33:52 AM EDT
[#1]
What kind of upper?  Was it the M-4 or 20" A2 style?  I have the DCM 20" A2 upper, and plan on picking up an M-4 style later this year.

I have to agree, mine works great too.  I have had one jam, and that was operator error (the empty case bounced off of my finger and back into the action).

Brad
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:56:07 AM EDT
[#2]
It's the model that has the bull barrel and no front sight lug. I have been surprised by the performance so far.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:06:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Brad76:

How thick is that barrel under the handguards?  Thicker than the barrel forward of the front sight?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#4]
A range report should have some grouping information, or was it just a Fun Range day?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:00:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Just a fun day. Mainly to see if everything functioned, after putting the lower together.
I'll have to look at the barrel thickness under the handguard.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:31:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Brad76:

How thick is that barrel under the handguards?  Thicker than the barrel forward of the front sight?

I'll check this weekend and let you know.

Thanks!

Brad
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top