Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2017 1:32:04 PM EDT
So I'm planning on drilling and tapping a couple A2 front sights and using set screws to adjust the gas. One set screw will adjust the gas, and then I'll have another set screw behind the first to lock in the adjustment. Should be fairly simple mod, but it'll be a bit of a pain to adjust the gas, and would not be something I could do on the fly.

Does anyone have an easier/better diy design? I was trying to think of a way to use a spring loaded detent and an adjustment? knob, but I just can't figure out how to make that work on an A2 front sight.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 10:00:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 10:53:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
Thank you for this! I stumbled on that thread a couple weeks ago but hadn't been able to find it again. This is exactly my plan, I was just curious if someone had figured out a better mousetrap yet.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#3]
In case anyone else is interested in this, here's a link to a thread on calguns using a slightly different approach.

Calguns DIY Adjustable gas block

I hope to try a variation of this soon. My ultimate goal is to be able to adjust the gas without a separate tool. Unfortunately there's not much extra material on a standard A2 sight for modification.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:19:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Easiest solution, but one that is the most expensive. Especially if OP wants to do this to multiple rifles.

If OP has the tools for the job, why not mod them.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 6:42:06 AM EDT
[#6]
It would be easier, and I have thought about buying the JP one before, but I should be into a DIY one for $20-$25 at most.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 8:27:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It would be easier, and I have thought about buying the JP one before, but I should be into a DIY one for $20-$25 at most.
View Quote
It wouldn't look as cool though....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top