Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2013 7:47:05 PM EDT
I'm considering putting on one of these rails to add a light on to a 6920. I'm wondering what the weight increase will be over the stock handguards. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:47:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Go here.  Look up the rail you want and write down the weight. Go to your scale and weigh your current handguards.  Subtract one from the other.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:52:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got both, I could not even feel the weight increase for myself, but after adding a light on the rail I could feel the difference.

If you're sensitive to the additional weight pick a very lightweight light as possible.

Here are the known weights from their mfg. sites and reference a weight chart that I linked below.

KAC MR RAS: 8.9 oz

DD EZ CAR 7.0: 9.1 oz

Colt M4 double heat shield plastic: 8.9 oz

There is a noticeable difference with the width of the left and right rails of the KAC and DD, the DD are wider, I prefer the narrower KAC width but that is just my personal preference, some guys like the side rails wider apart.

AR Parts Weights - chart link

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top