Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2004 9:20:56 PM EDT
I bought a LaBelle 30 rd mag at a gun show for $5.00,it was in good condition but had a smashed floor plate.One of the large retaining tabs promptly broke off the second I touched it with pliers.I put a new floor plate and green follower and it seems to work smooth.Do you guys think it will hold up to loading with 30 rounds and repeated use? It only has 3 tabs,1 large and 2 small tabs.Anybody ever tried this before...I have not had a chance to try it out. I'm thinking spring pressure might break the other tabs off.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:22:14 PM EDT
[#1]
nah, it should be fine.  Just use it for a range mag
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:24:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I have two mags with one broken tab on each and they work just fine. As a matter of fact thats all I use. Im going to wear them out before I use any new ones.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:32:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Man you can duct tape the bottom of that mag up and it will probably last forever.  You should be far more concerned about the top of the mags at the feedlips, than the bottoms.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:38:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the advice.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:13:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Better yet .just drill a small hole on the mag and the floor plate get a small wire run it through , and tighten the wire !!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Or you could repair it JB Weld, and the it will match the Permaslik.

Brian
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:00:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Man you can duct tape the bottom of that mag up and it will probably last forever.  You should be far more concerned about the top of the mags at the feedlips, than the bottoms.

+1
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:15:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Brian

Dont think it will hold to ALUMINUM ...
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:43:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brian

Dont think it will hold to ALUMINUM ...

I have a couple that I repaired with JB weld, one with one tab broken and another with both front tabs broken.  The first one has held up well, the one with 2 broken tabs had to be re done, I didn't use enough JB weld the first time around.  But for range mags who cares, and now that the ban is over if they break again I'll just replace them.  Or better yet, just replace them anyway.

Brian
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top