Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2010 3:40:56 PM EDT
I really like the idea behind the ASAP single point mount, but it seems like that link would jingle a lot and make a bunch of noise. It also seems unnecessary because if you just hooked directly to the slider bar, then you would still have the ability to easily switch shoulders without hanging up in the sling. So, has anyone cut off the link to quiet it down.... or is noise with it a non-issue?
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:45:28 PM EDT
[#1]
You want an IKH SLAP.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:51:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Man, I wish I wasnt so impatient because I just bought the ASAP right before you posted... and then I bought the SLAP
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:56:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Test both and sell the one you don't want.  You shouldn't have any trouble finding a buyer on the EE.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:26:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Who are you worried about hearing the noise? Not trying to belittle or make fun of you just curious
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Who are you worried about hearing the noise? Not trying to belittle or make fun of you just curious

zombies are attracted to noise....duh....
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:29:34 PM EDT
[#6]
The noise is a non issue.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 8:11:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You want an IKH SLAP.

YES!

Link Posted: 7/23/2010 1:51:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Me, unnecessary rattling or jingling is annoying

and also liberals... I hear they are attracted to anything that sounds like change
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 5:22:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and also liberals... I hear they are attracted to anything that sounds like change

But yeah I agree. It's the same reason that some of us tighten our uppers and lowers.... fit our stocks...just trying to get it tighter. Rigidity.

I also think it makes the ASAP better for some attachments, as well as webbing. Of course if you bought a slap first you don't have that problem.

Link Posted: 7/23/2010 5:23:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I usually don't notice it between the noise of reloading or shooting.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 1:41:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Just hit the ring up with spray on rubber coating for things like tool handles. You can get it at Home Depot or Lowes.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top