Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 7/22/2010 2:40:56 PM EST
I really like the idea behind the ASAP single point mount, but it seems like that link would jingle a lot and make a bunch of noise. It also seems unnecessary because if you just hooked directly to the slider bar, then you would still have the ability to easily switch shoulders without hanging up in the sling. So, has anyone cut off the link to quiet it down.... or is noise with it a non-issue?
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 2:45:28 PM EST
You want an IKH SLAP.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 2:51:58 PM EST
Man, I wish I wasnt so impatient because I just bought the ASAP right before you posted... and then I bought the SLAP
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 2:56:49 PM EST
Test both and sell the one you don't want. You shouldn't have any trouble finding a buyer on the EE.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:26:58 PM EST
Who are you worried about hearing the noise? Not trying to belittle or make fun of you just curious
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:29:08 PM EST
Originally Posted By FishinTexasAg05:
Who are you worried about hearing the noise? Not trying to belittle or make fun of you just curious

zombies are attracted to noise....duh....
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:29:34 PM EST
The noise is a non issue.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:11:17 PM EST

Originally Posted By sd_norske:
You want an IKH SLAP.

YES!
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 12:51:02 AM EST

Me, unnecessary rattling or jingling is annoying

and also liberals... I hear they are attracted to anything that sounds like change
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 4:22:46 AM EST

Originally Posted By strangebrew08:

and also liberals... I hear they are attracted to anything that sounds like change

But yeah I agree. It's the same reason that some of us tighten our uppers and lowers.... fit our stocks...just trying to get it tighter. Rigidity.

I also think it makes the ASAP better for some attachments, as well as webbing. Of course if you bought a slap first you don't have that problem.

Link Posted: 7/23/2010 4:23:12 AM EST
Originally Posted By strangebrew08:

I usually don't notice it between the noise of reloading or shooting.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 12:41:16 PM EST
Just hit the ring up with spray on rubber coating for things like tool handles. You can get it at Home Depot or Lowes.
Top Top