Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2002 12:23:07 PM EDT
Does anyone know what is the current usgi issue tactical sling for the m-4? Where can I buy one? I know thier are probably more popular slings on the market, but I'm interested on what the troops are issued. I already own a regular usgi rifle sling. What tactical sling are they issued? Thank you
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 12:54:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Just the standard GI sling mounted with the the Colt side sling mount.  Nothing fancy and it works.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 2:23:08 PM EDT
[#2]
i have it on good authority that in addition various and sundry tac slings, many sf folks prefer just a cut-to-order length of gi sling. usually around 6'instead of 4'. this allows the weapon to be slung around your body israeli style.
find someone at a gunshow who sells gi slings, and check if they cut their own from a roll of cordura. they should be willing to make a few for you.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:42:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you know of a place to buy such a sling? I've checked around locally and have found nothing. I own a usgi m-4 sling and it's too short for anything but the old throw it over one shoulder technique. Thank you for the help
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 8:55:02 AM EDT
[#4]
your answer is in my post.
good hunting!

if there is enough interest perhaps i'll do the leg work and get some from my guy.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#5]
pbrstreetgang, I don't need you to do my "leg work". I was just looking for a phone number, website, etc. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 12:07:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Real world?

Para-cord+USGI sling = tac sling
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I second the above 550 cord has been used for an expedient assault sling for a long time cheap simple and above all else it works. We also had a bunch made by a shop in Seoul out of 1" tublar OD Webbing made like the Boonie packer sling, BP-53 I think it was but instead of the little metal tabs used on the stock we had them made with a complete wrap through the slots and a patch of velcro the front mounted with the bottom sling swivel also a wrap around with a bit of Velcro.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 1:17:28 PM EDT
[#8]
US GI sling plus M203 sling accessory straps front and back.  Adds the length you need.  Also use a snaplink on the right shoulder to put the sling thru.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 9:36:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Actually the USGI slings for the M-4 and M-16 are different. The M-4 is a bit longer. It allows for one to carry the weapon at the ready. One end goes thru the side sling adapter, the other thru the buttstock loop. Then there is the SOCOM sling, which is the HK style. These are rare on the commercial market. I saw one for sale for $80. And there was a line. I am issued one, and it is not all that great. I wouldnt buy one.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 6:16:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I really wouldn't buy one either especially for 80 dollars but seeing as how a lot of folks around here bought the SIR as well what the heck
I really don't see the cost of that thing.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top