Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2005 3:59:38 AM EDT
I sent my upper back to bushmaster to get an izzy flash suppressor put on.
When I rescoped the rifle I had to crank the windage to the left for a while to get zero.
This scope was on this rifle originally, and I have an ARMS throw lever base on it.
I figured it would be close to my last zero.

I also look at the rifle and it looks like the barrel is a hair to the right.
How can I tell if the barrel is straight?

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:13:40 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I sent my upper back to bushmaster to get an izzy flash suppressor put on.

Was the barrel threaded before, or was this one of the things they did to add the device?

When I rescoped the rifle I had to crank the windage to the left for a while to get zero.
This scope was on this rifle originally, and I have an ARMS throw lever base on it.
I figured it would be close to my last zero.

We need to know the amount of  MOA's degree’s you had to re-adjust the scope (read if the scope adjusts ¼”, then 4 clicks would be 1 MOA).  “A while” tells us nothing since it is not uncommon to have few degrees of POI change as items are added/removed to the end of the barrel will cause harmonics changes to it.

I also look at the rifle and it looks like the barrel is a hair to the right.
How can I tell if the barrel is straight?

Pull the barrel and roll in down a flat surface, this will show you the straightness of the outside of the barrel, But what really matter is the inside bore and it continuity.  

The Question that I come up with is this,
Does the barrel group well with the new device (bearing in mind that a slight POI change is normal). If not, then are you getting bullet strikes down the inside of the device? And, does the barrel still zero out with the iron sights?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:19:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks allot .

A buddy took it off for me and put it back on.
We went to the range and it dead on.
It even looks strait.

Any way Thanks for your help.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top