Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/21/2003 7:07:45 PM EDT
I know some of you only have one AR15 right now. But for those of you that have more could you settle on just one? Is there just one you would keep out of the one's you have. Is there one that is all ways goes to the range with you like an old dog. As for me! I have to have at least two with me.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 11:53:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know if this is the kind of answer you're looking for, but as for me:

After owning a bunch of rifles, I finally settled on my AR, which is my only rifle.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 12:22:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Sure, If I could have 2-3 uppers to go with it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 12:29:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Sure, If I could have 2-3 uppers to go with it.
View Quote

I agree with Lumpy.  A lower with a BattleGrip and something like the Magpul MSS stock would be the keeper.  Or with a carbine tube and a couple of different VLTOR stocks.  That and two or three uppers will prepare you for any contingency.  No 1 AR is going to fill every role.  The AR's beauty of the AR is modularity.

If I could only have one complete AR, it would probably be a midlength with a MSS stock and BattleGrip.  Fitted with the midlength SIR (or a midlength URX if they ever release one) it would do most things within reason.  Now optics, that's the really hard decision to make.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 12:32:47 AM EDT
[#4]
While I'm not a Colt fanatic, it would be my AR15A3 if it had to be only one.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 1:33:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I think you would be better off setting up at least two rifles just in case one of a million things that can go wrong happens. Then you can just dump #1 and pull out your #2 rifle slung on your back.

This only applys to combat situations of course.

It would also do you some good to have a third or more rifles to arm some extra people you know and care about. Boyscout motto "be prepared"
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 2:14:09 AM EDT
[#6]
One is fine.  I have other interestes in fire arms besides the AR.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 3:33:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

[:O]How dare you?  You, sir, are a sick, sick man.  You need help.  Seriously.[;)]
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 4:02:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Well like about a month ago I had to pawn one of my AR's for a Quick $500 I needed to pay off a car or loose it.
That Left me with only my 16" HB. The one I pawned was a 24" ss bull that I put together before the ban a long time ago. After about two weeks I started to go nut's because it wasn't at home.
I got it back but I went into a kind of feeding frenzy to pay it off like I was loosing my right arm or some thing.

Is this nut's or do some of you fill like this about your AR's?
I mean after having more than one can you live with just one?
If I had one lower I would spend most of my time at home changing the uppers just to see it as a different one.

I think I am nucking fut's !!  [shock]
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 4:49:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

[:O]How dare you?  You, sir, are a sick, sick man.  You need help.  Seriously.[;)]
View Quote

Wow, I wondered how long that would take.

[screaming as I am getting thrown out the door] MAUSER MAUSER MAUSER![/screaming as I am getting thrown out the door]
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 7:56:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Out of my three, I'd keep my preban M4gery. It's my favorite of all, including my FAL, M14 and the other 2 AR's. I love ALL of them, but if it was just one...

I find it to be the best all-purpose weapon for my needs.

Just my .02 worth.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 8:02:21 AM EDT
[#11]
I have only one AR and that's all I need...if the SHTF...I can use it to get others....[;)]
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 2:48:25 PM EDT
[#12]
You go get'm DOG..lololol

TOUGH QUESTION ?
             I love my A3 Bushmaster 16 inch barrel, I love my DPMS EXTREME SUPER BULL, I love my Remington 700 w/H-S Kevelar stock & 24 inch stainless barrel, I also love my Beretta 1201FP Tactical 12 ga. & I love all the others etc... NO, I couldn't imagine life even parting with one of them :( !
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 3:14:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Well I finally picked up a Preban Bushmaster with which I'l building my M4gery.  I probably could deal with just having this one AR, but I just can fathom selling my other post bans.  I may start giving them to my brothers, and keeping one for myself to build a 20 incher.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top