Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2013 5:41:38 PM EDT
Looking at the Core 15 Tac 3 rifle. Anyone have an opinion either way? I want a proper quality, no junk ar15 and this rifle seems to have all the right parts.

CORE15™ Mil-Spec Forged 7075-T6 Lower Receiver, Type III Class II Hard-coat anodized finish, beveled Magwell for improved reloading speed, machined chevrons in front strap, bullet pictogram safety markings
CORE15™  Mil-Spec Forged 7075-T6 M-4 Upper Receiver, Type III Class II Hard-coat anodized finish, M4 Feed Ramps, (1913 Picatinny rail flat top) w/ dry lube internal finish and laser engraved T-markings

Chambered in .223/5.56 x 45 mm NATO
16” 4150 CMV Chrome Moly M4 Profile Chrome Lined Barrel 1:7 Twist
Midwest Industries Gen 2 SS Series Free Float Forearm
Chrome Lined 8620 Steel Bolt Carrier and Bolt Carrier Key
Magnetic Particle Inspected (MPI) Carpenter 158® Bolt Assembly
Low profile gas block
Gas Tube made of 304 grade Stainless Steel
A-2 Flash Hider
Magpul® MOE® Six Position Stock
Magpul® MOE® Pistol Grip
Magpul® 30 rd. PMAG®
CORE15™ Hardcore Billet V.2 Charging Handle
CORE15™ Oversized Trigger Guard
CORE15™ Owner’s Manual
Weight (unloaded): 5.9 lbs.
CORE15™ NO BS Lifetime Warranty
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 5:50:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I looked at one last week. They felt smooth and fit and finish was good I have not fired them. I would dig on the youtube and see what the general issues are and see if they are just people complaining or there are really issues there. Thats just me
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 6:14:11 PM EDT
[#2]
The first batches of their rifles were... rough, but they had potential.  I haven't seen any of them since then to know if they've gotten better, but I would hope so.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 6:52:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I've only gotten some parts from them, BCG and some almost-stripped uppers.  Quality of those seem good.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 6:57:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I looked at one today and compared it to a Daniel Defense. Nothing jumped out and said the Core 15 is a bad rifle. It did have a little more play between the upper and lower compared to the DD.  I can imagine almost everyone will say go with DD. But for $370 more than the Core 15, I am having a difficult time justifying the extra cost of the DD. There really isn't a lot of judgements made on the Core rifle products.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 7:42:08 PM EDT
[#5]
sales mgr at a local dealer said they sell A LOT of them because they are obviously cheaper than most, especially during the panic
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 5:04:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I love mine. I have had it since May right after the big panic. It is my first AR and I have only shot 500 rounds through it with no problems. They have a life time warranty that is simple. It states if you are the original owner or not and shot it a million times it is covered. I forget how it is actually written but you get the idea.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 5:24:35 PM EDT
[#7]
My brother in law just got a Core15. He likes it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:14:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Thanks for all of the input. I haven't seen anything bad about Core rifles.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#9]
You get what you pay for!!! Web site is kind of cheesy and they like to talk up all the fancy words and acronyms. Sounds like more marketing hype than anything else. I would stick with known entities like PWS, LWRC, LMT or on the cheaper price side a Colt. Just my 2 cents as I am not gods gift to rifles.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:40:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Never!   I saw one yesterday that had a 16 barrel with what looked like a rifle length gas tube and a low-profile gas block.  It had a very short handguard on it and about 8 inches of the gas tube and all of the set screw type gas block were both totally exposed!  What kind of company would sell something like this?
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 9:24:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Here is my report on the Core15 16" gas piston tact rifle.  Out of the box it looked great, functioned great dry and the all checks were spot on.  Then to the range.  I am not a metal expert but when stripping a round out of the mag on the first shot the round stopped dead half way in.  After extracting and inspecting the chamber I found the funny lil spikes inside the chamber that looked like run off from the chrome lining.  I pulled out a steel barrel brush and a drill and spun it a few moments and inspected again then inspected the barrel to confirm clear.  The next round chambered like a glove and fired.  Dumped about 300 rds on the first run and then another grand over the next three days.  Never cleaned the bolt and ran a 3 gun match burning about 100 rds without fail.  After a full dismantle for cleaning I found the bolt area almost free of carbon, piston was clean and had no signs of ware on it.  The reason I chose the Core15 over the Sig15 was one main reason, the TRIGGER.  By far the best factory trigger I have come across in an AR.  Compared to the Sig there was no question that the Core was the choice.  I have spoken to the company reps about the chrome lining runoff they were extremely helpful and wanted me to return the rifle for inspection and replacement if needed.  I declined and they told me even though I was not original owner they would cover it without question.  
I have run the gun in the last five 3 gun matches in rain, mud and blowing dust and no problems at all with the exception of a loose muzzle break.  I have gotten on a good day 1 MOA and less when I'm in a good mood but she is nearly qualed to be a go gun.
I'd suggest this to anyone who is looking for a good rifle.  The price is a bit high for an AR but being a piston I'd figure it to be right.  As for the weight of the rifle being that a piston I was pleasantly surprised of it lightness.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 9:37:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Core 15 is out of Ocala, FL. I've stopped by there on a few occasions when I'm traveling the state for work and what have you.

Nice people, great products, made in a crazy but free state

I don't have the link, but around December, January (full on panic times) a member on this site posted on the FL hometown that his Core 15 blew up.

Turns out, his wife accidentally loaded a 300 blackout mag into the regular 5.56 core 15... Everyone was ok.

The next day a Core 15 rep saw the post, and offered to replace the rifle/and or parts feeling sympathetic of the situation, due to the back orders at that time.

To me, THAT is customer service. Core 15 had no obligation to do this, but reached out to a fellow Arfcommer

Core 15 = Good To Go!
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 9:53:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Core 15 is out of Ocala, FL. I've stopped by there on a few occasions when I'm traveling the state for work and what have you.

Nice people, great products, made in a crazy but free state

I don't have the link, but around December, January (full on panic times) a member on this site posted on the FL hometown that his Core 15 blew up.

Turns out, his wife accidentally loaded a 300 blackout mag into the regular 5.56 core 15... Everyone was ok.

The next day a Core 15 rep saw the post, and offered to replace the rifle/and or parts feeling sympathetic of the situation, due to the back orders at that time.

To me, THAT is customer service. Core 15 had no obligation to do this, but reached out to a fellow Arfcommer

Core 15 = Good To Go!
View Quote

That is an impressive story. I may have to look into Core 15. Customer service is becoming a defining aspect of the civilian AR-15 market.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 10:17:54 PM EDT
[#14]
There was a discussion about them on another site, a dept. picked some up for patrol rifles and was having serious problems, turns out a chunk of them were not assembled even remotely correctly.  

I'd put them squarely in the hobby gun category, caveat emptor.
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 12:31:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Have had zero issues with mine. Purchased November 2012. Accurate. No malfunctions.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top