Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 10:04:42 PM EDT
As many of you have, I've been closely watching the evolution of the AR platform rifles very closely for well over 25 years. Being a young Tank Gunner back in the late 80's and company Armorer I was active during the transition upgrade of the M16A1 to the much anticipated and well received (IMO) A2 HB. While serving and acting as Company Armorer I was able to shoot everything on the rack . However, other than the Heavy Weight MG's we did not have anything as cool as the modern day AR10 platforms. And certainly nothing as cool and Bad Ass as the M110 or the SR-25 ECC. The slick sided URX 3.1 7.62. rail system gets my vote for "Coolest" rail system on any rifle!  This rifle dressed out means nothing other than Business!!!  My next choice would be the  A.R.M.S. SIR systems.  

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj259/trippcsi/2012_ECC_Right1.jpg
KAC SR-25 ECC
Since I cannot justify the doe on the entire rifle I will be trying to get the URX for my MATEN build!

What's your "Coolest Rail/Handgaurd" Vote?
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:34:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a URX 3.1 that I'll be putting on my Ma Ten receiver set that I'm picking up next week. I'll be building an SR25 ECC clone since I can't get one here.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:02:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I was active during the transition upgrade of the M16A1 to the much anticipated and well received (IMO) A2 HB

The M16A2 was a downgrade for me.  What happened to my lightweight, shorter M16A1, that actually had a consistent trigger?  I'm not a big fan of the M16A2 at all.  It was the biggest mistake they ever made with the AR15 family of weapons from an Infantryman's perspective.

As to rail handguards for the AR10-class weapons, I like your taste and agree that the URX 3.1 is quite nice.

I like the Troy TRX Extreme, Alpha Rail, and Apex Machine tubes.  I'm all about lightweight.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:20:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks great.  Too many of these rail systems look like something that should be on the Batmobile.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:37:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree
#1 - KAC URX
#2 - CMMG Revolution (wish it was available - 308 rifle length, they look great with the grip panels installed)
#3 - Apex gator grip
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:13:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I really like the Apex Gator Grip.  I have the rifle length on my AR-10.

Not sure how cool it is, but it sure works well and looks good in my eyes.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:34:28 PM EDT
[#6]
URX and daniel defense are the only ones I'd put on anything
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 11:10:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have a URX 3.1 that I'll be putting on my Ma Ten receiver set that I'm picking up next week. I'll be building an SR25 ECC clone since I can't get one here.

Sweet! Post some pics. My Ma Ten arrive next week as well.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:58:02 AM EDT
[#9]
SWS
Not so much extra rail that adds weight

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:35:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a KAC URX 3 on my RECCE from HCS and I like it.

I also have a Noveske NSR rail on my 8.2" 300Blk SBR. I like it quite a bit too. Both are simple, lightweight and do what they are supposed to do. Little or no unnecessary weight. And they look great.

ETA- Pics

Pic of the RECCE with the KAC URX on it, in the rear obviously.

Crappy cell phone pic of my SBR with the NSR rail

ETA2- Better pic of just the rail sitting on my bench-
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:27:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Those are nice Rigs!

The  URX 3.1 slick side still gets my vote for #1 in the "coolest"
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:17:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I forgot about the NSR rail, they are nice.
But no 308 version....
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top