Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2003 12:29:16 AM EDT
How do you convert Uzi mags to work in a Colt? Can you send them somewhere to have the Colt mag catch cut into them?
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 7:38:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Send your mags, block to either joeblack (Ohio), Lee Minor (Florida), or Mark Hayford (Ohio), and any one of these people can do it for you. I'm sure joe has posted here that he has a program set up for the CNC. Lee is a C2 that makes the M169 suppressed upper using RRa parts, and Mark is a machinist by day, FFL by night. All seem to charge near same price.

I went with the Hy-Tech block, to use the as-is Uzi mags.... usually for the average cost to notch an Uzi mag, I can buy another mag for the money I would spend to notch 2 mags.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 10:23:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Great!!! Im selling my Uzi Model B to a friend. Then buying a near NIB Colt Sporter 9mm.I have 4 Uzi 32 rounders and 2 25's.

Where is the best place to find Factory Colt 32 rounders. I know they are expensive. I only want a couple.

I hope this will be a long term project. Fist SBR with a 10.5 inch upper. Save some money for a while and aquire a Gemtech Talon SD upper. Trijicon Reflex II and SureFire 500A.

Because of my plans to aquire the Gemtech upper down the road. When I reg. as an SBR, do I need to write down 5 inch barrel on the ATF form.

Link Posted: 9/23/2003 6:45:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Someone on equipment exchange has colt 9mm mags for sale for $50
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 2:26:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm specultating, without a posted link to follow to the described product, that they are either 20 round, or LEO only mags.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 10:07:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Where is the best place to find Factory Colt 32 rounders. I know they are expensive. I only want a couple.
View Quote

Don't forget the Vaseline when you bend over!!!!

[url]www.gunsandammoauctions.com[/url]
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 3:44:41 PM EDT
[#6]
CDNN has Colt mags   $149.00ea
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top