Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 6:52:40 PM EDT
First, where should I go looking for a Colt in AZ. I am a civilian, if that matters. If I should wait for a gun show, which one? ( this will be first thing in November)

Second, What models are common, or commonly sold to civies. I'd like a 6921 with a 14.5 barrel, but do they come with the flash suppressor permanetly attached? Is the 6520 available? I know the 6920 is spoke of a lot, I'd like the shorter barrel of the 6921.

And....how much should I be paying?

Dev
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:04:00 PM EDT
[#1]
You're probably better off just ordering exactly what you want and finding an FFL to do the transfer. That  way you can get anything and probably save some money.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:04:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
First, where should I go looking for a Colt in AZ. I am a civilian, if that matters. If I should wait for a gun show, which one? ( this will be first thing in November)

Second, What models are common, or commonly sold to civies. I'd like a 6921 with a 14.5 barrel, but do they come with the flash suppressor permanetly attached? Is the 6520 available? I know the 6920 is spoke of a lot, I'd like the shorter barrel of the 6921.

Dev

Try your local gunshop.  

6921 don't come with a permenently attached flash suppressor, and even if it does it still won't reach the 16" minimum, so unless you file for a SBR you can't have it.  6920 comes with 16" barrel and is otherwise identical to the 6921.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:14:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dev

Try your local gunshop.  

6921 don't come with a permenently attached flash suppressor, and even if it does it still won't reach the 16" minimum, so unless you file for a SBR you can't have it.  6920 comes with 16" barrel and is otherwise identical to the 6921.

I would be surprized of a local gun shop would carry either of these unless the deal with law enforcement, since Colt is kinda picky about who they let sell LE weapons.

There are lots of guys on the EE selling the 6920, errrr where, I've been away for while and haven't looked lately. IIRC though, most dealers on the EE where a bit overpriced as compaired to Clyde Armory. Thats where I got both my 6920 and 6721. Pleasure to deal with too. I've never heard a complaint about those guys.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:22:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I would be surprized of a local gun shop would carry either of these unless the deal with law enforcement, since Colt is kinda picky about who they let sell LE weapons.

I dunno where you heard that from but the stuff about Colt being "picky" about who they sell to are all hearsay and internet rumours.

Colt does not sell to individual FFLs, they only sell to distributors.  Therefore a FFL wouldn't be dealing directly with Colt anyway.  And there's nothing that keeps an FFL from ordering anything from a Colt distributor.  Colt does not have control over who their distributor sell to provided that everything's done lawfully.

If your local shop doesn't carry/stock colt rifles, he/she can certainly order one for you.   If an FFL told you they can't order Colt rifles, he's feeding you a bunch of bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:30:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Try Ken and Tina at Specialized Armament Warehouse!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:30:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Specialized Armament in Chandler is one of the biggest Colt dealers around.  Click Here for the website They are pricey but they have great customer service.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:31:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Beat me to it!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:43:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Ken and Tina Elmore are the Only ones I could recommend

Hell I would lay money down that Tina knows more about AR-15's then 95% of the people on this board
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:45:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Tina at specialized armament warehouse has always been helpfull . I would recommend them.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:29:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

+1  
Although I don't think its just a "store" you can walk into...  If any AZ members can correct me if I'm wrong?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:32:45 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dunno where you heard that from but the stuff about Colt being "picky" about who they sell to are all hearsay and internet rumours.

Colt does not sell to individual FFLs, they only sell to distributors.  Therefore a FFL wouldn't be dealing directly with Colt anyway.  And there's nothing that keeps an FFL from ordering anything from a Colt distributor.  Colt does not have control over who their distributor sell to provided that everything's done lawfully.

If your local shop doesn't carry/stock colt rifles, he/she can certainly order one for you.   If an FFL told you they can't order Colt rifles, he's feeding you a bunch of bullshit.

My point was Colt wont send LE rifles to just any distributor,  since Colt has now split into two companies, or civi and one LE/Defence, the have distributors for both. IIRC, I dont believe a distributor slated for the civilian side of the market can even order a LE rifle.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:11:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Colt no longer cares who buys there rifles. They did at the start of the end of the ban, but have since changed there minds.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:02:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I did get to stop in at Prescott Valley Guns, which is about forty miles from my house. They actually  had a few Colts in stock. A twenty inch A2, a SP1 ($1600!!) and one heavy barreled model with a 4 position stock.

I have to say if I had buy buying today, it wouldn't have been a Colt. Both the SP1 and the HBar model were loose as a goose. I guess I expected a Colt to be a little more impressive. maybe the parts are quality, but my DSA makes them  feel like crap. You could read a book thru the gap. They were beat only by a new Armalite that felt like every part was loose. It rattled like a garbage can from the handguard to the stock, including the reciever.

With the sale of my house, I was going to treat myself to a Colt, now I'n not so sure.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:15:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  
Although I don't think its just a "store" you can walk into...  If any AZ members can correct me if I'm wrong?

One must call first before heading to their "store".
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top