Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/11/2005 1:08:39 PM EDT
My colt sear-block pins worked themselves out on the last shooting trip that I made out in the country. I recovered one of them but the other one is long gone. How can i fix this? I want to plug up the holes. Also, I am worried about the sear block working itself loose and falling into the action at a bad time. Will this happen? It feels like it has a very small amount of play but i pulled on it pretty hard and it doesn't come out. I don't want to take it out until I can fix the holes because I don't need rocks and shit getting in my receiver. Any help would be VERY much appreciated.

Is there something I can do to fill the holes in permanently without any special equipment?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:47:42 PM EDT
I almost want to call BS on this one. I wish mine would fall out. Sounds like warranty work to me.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:58:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/11/2005 3:11:08 PM EDT by CJan_NH]
EV, your block must be a different config than mine-because mine are blind pinned from the bottom if I remember correctly.

If my sear blocks fell out that would be a good thing A little JBWeld over the hole and you'd be good to go.

There is a thread somewhere in the Colt forum about removing the block with a Dremel tool. It appears to be pretty easy, but I just don't have the balls to do mine.

ETA: Here's a pic of one of mine:

I don't see anything that could fall out.
Top Top