Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 1:08:39 PM EDT
My colt sear-block pins worked themselves out on the last shooting trip that I made out in the country.  I recovered one of them but the other one is long gone.  How can i fix this?  I want to plug up the holes.  Also, I am worried about the sear block working itself loose and falling into the action at a bad time.  Will this happen?  It feels like it has a very small amount of play but i pulled on it pretty hard and it doesn't come out.  I don't want to take it out until I can fix the holes because I don't need rocks and shit getting in my receiver.  Any help would be VERY much appreciated.

Is there something I can do to fill the holes in permanently without any special equipment?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:47:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I almost want to call BS on this one. I wish mine would fall out. Sounds like warranty work to me.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#2]
EV, your block must be a different config than mine-because mine are blind pinned from the bottom if I remember correctly.

If my sear blocks fell out that would be a good thing A little JBWeld over the hole and you'd be good to go.

There is a thread somewhere in the Colt forum about removing the block with a Dremel tool. It appears to be pretty easy, but I just don't have the balls to do mine.

ETA: Here's a pic of one of mine:

I don't see anything that could fall out.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top