Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2002 6:34:30 AM EDT
1st questions is... How do you tell if your Colt lower is using the larger trigger group pins or the smaller ones?  

2nd question... Does anyone know if RRA is making a 2 stage trigger for the large pin Colts yet?

Thanx
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 8:13:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Large- +/- .172" in diameter
Small- +/- .156" in diameter

I don't believe RR is making large pin triggers yet, but check with them to make sure.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 8:19:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks rebel --

I didn't make myself very clear.  I was meaning to ask; which models have the large pins and which have the small pins?  Can you tell by the serial #'s?
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 2:41:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thanks rebel --

I didn't make myself very clear.  I was meaning to ask; which models have the large pins and which have the small pins?  Can you tell by the serial #'s?
View Quote

No, you cannot tell by the serial number if your rifle is a pre ban. Colt used large/small in different models with usually no rhyme or reason. Your best bet is to remove one of the pins and just measure it, that way you know FOR SURE.

Although, if it is a post ban, it should have large pins.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 12:10:58 PM EDT
[#4]
You can find the big pin RRA triggers at http://www.sableco.net/.
I've bought a couple, the difference is like night and day when compared to the factory Colt trigger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top