Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/17/2005 6:08:12 AM EDT
I'm looking for something that I'm not sure exists anymore.

I'm looking to build another upper for my large take down pin/screw Colt lower.
Do they make a large take down pin flat top upper? All I see on the EE are uppers with the standard military take down pins.

I would prefer a Colt flat top upper. I have used the offset adaptors before but I would prefer not to.
Thanks

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:07:46 AM EDT
Yes, for a short time Colt made large hole flat top uppers. But they are now very expensive when you find one.

Daniels Defense made a run once-upon-a-time. I don't know if they still make them though.

Have you seen Billbo's ad's in the "Used parts" section of EE? He usually has a good selection of parts and I think I saw such a critter in the past couple of weeks. He's a real good guy to do business with.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:46:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/17/2005 11:52:04 PM EDT by guam50]

Originally Posted By Bumblebee_Bob:
Have you seen Billbo's ad's in the "Used parts" section of EE? He usually has a good selection of parts and I think I saw such a critter in the past couple of weeks. He's a real good guy to do business with.

+1. BILLBO (Bill) should have it. If he doesn't he'll know where to get one. Have done a few Colt-for-Colt trades with him without a problem. Really good guy. The parts are used but have always arrived in better condition than expected.

Colt A2 Sporter II converted to M4A3 via offset pin:

HTH
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:01:53 PM EDT

Yes, for a short time Colt made large hole flat top uppers. But they are now very expensive when you find one.

I believe that the model number was R6700. And I also believe that this model was mixed and matched--some were small pivot while others were large.

Daniels Defense made a run once-upon-a-time. I don't know if they still make them though.

Yeah, they still make them.

www.danieldefense.com/store/cart.asp?catid=1

Another route to take would be to have your LOWER converted to small pivot. That's the route I went. Mike Klos of American Manufacturing welds up the large pivot hole, then places the lower in a genuine Colt drilling jig, and re-drills the pivot to small-hole specs. Then you can easily use every small pivot upper out there.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:11:28 PM EDT
Why dont you just build on a standard upper, and get an off-set pin, for your large hole lower. You can buy them for about $5, and they work well.
MB
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:50:45 PM EDT
Colt gray with big hole.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:07:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/17/2005 5:08:10 PM EDT by Buck_Naked]

Originally Posted By Kisara:
Colt gray with big hole.
tinyurl.com/ar3nb

[Austin Powers] I want....!!! I want...!!![Austin Powers]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:53:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Buck_Naked:

Uh, don't forget that YOU have an upper I want (top):
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:55:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/17/2005 6:58:52 PM EDT by Buck_Naked]

Originally Posted By Kisara:

Originally Posted By Buck_Naked:

Uh, don't forget that YOU have an upper I want (top):
tinyurl.com/9nj7g

Lol, I haven't forgotten...! Congratulations to you and your wife on your soon to be role as a father!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:15:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SteelonSteel:
I'm looking for something that I'm not sure exists anymore.

I'm looking to build another upper for my large take down pin/screw Colt lower.
Do they make a large take down pin flat top upper? All I see on the EE are uppers with the standard military take down pins.

I would prefer a Colt flat top upper. I have used the offset adaptors before but I would prefer not to.
Thanks

Have you thought about using a sleeve to convert your large pin lower to a small pin? There is another thread going on about this right now as well....
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:35:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/18/2005 8:36:18 AM EDT by Parrandero]
This large hole upper is supposed to be from a 6700, however there are no forge markings.
Top Top