Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 6:08:12 AM EDT
I'm looking for something that I'm not sure exists anymore.

I'm looking to build another upper for my large take down pin/screw Colt lower.
Do they make a large take down pin flat top upper?  All I see on the EE are uppers with the standard military take down pins.  

I would prefer a Colt flat top upper.  I have used the offset adaptors before but I would prefer not to.
Thanks

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:07:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, for a short time Colt made large hole flat top uppers. But they are now very expensive when you find one.

Daniels Defense made a run once-upon-a-time. I don't know if they still make them though.

Have you seen Billbo's ad's in the "Used parts" section of EE? He usually has a good selection of parts and I think I saw such a critter in the past couple of weeks. He's a real good guy to do business with.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:46:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Have you seen Billbo's ad's in the "Used parts" section of EE? He usually has a good selection of parts and I think I saw such a critter in the past couple of weeks. He's a real good guy to do business with.

+1.  BILLBO (Bill) should have it.  If he doesn't he'll know where to get one.  Have done a few Colt-for-Colt trades with him without a problem.  Really good guy. The parts are used but have always arrived in better condition than expected.

Colt A2 Sporter II converted to M4A3 via offset pin:

HTH
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:01:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yes, for a short time Colt made large hole flat top uppers. But they are now very expensive when you find one.

I believe that the model number was R6700. And I also believe that this model was mixed and matched--some were small pivot while others were large.

Quoted:
Daniels Defense made a run once-upon-a-time. I don't know if they still make them though.

Yeah, they still make them.

www.danieldefense.com/store/cart.asp?catid=1

Another route to take would be to have your LOWER converted to small pivot. That's the route I went. Mike Klos of American Manufacturing welds up the large pivot hole, then places the lower in a genuine Colt drilling jig, and re-drills the pivot to small-hole specs. Then you can easily use every small pivot upper out there.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:11:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Why dont you just build on a standard upper, and get an off-set pin, for your large hole lower. You can buy them for about $5, and they work well.
MB
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:50:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Colt gray with big hole.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:07:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Colt gray with big hole.
tinyurl.com/ar3nb

[Austin Powers] I want....!!! I want...!!![Austin Powers]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:53:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Uh, don't forget that YOU have an upper I want (top):
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:55:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh, don't forget that YOU have an upper I want (top):
tinyurl.com/9nj7g

Lol, I haven't forgotten...! Congratulations to you and your wife on your soon to be role as a father!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:15:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm looking for something that I'm not sure exists anymore.

I'm looking to build another upper for my large take down pin/screw Colt lower.
Do they make a large take down pin flat top upper?  All I see on the EE are uppers with the standard military take down pins.  

I would prefer a Colt flat top upper.  I have used the offset adaptors before but I would prefer not to.
Thanks

Have you thought about using a sleeve to convert your large pin lower to a small pin?  There is another thread going on about this right now as well....
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:35:02 AM EDT
[#10]
This large hole upper is supposed to be from a 6700, however there are no forge markings.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top