Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/27/2004 6:58:14 AM EDT
Does anyone know of a book (or article) that has info on the fire control & pivot pin sizes of Colt receivers? I could have sworn the book "AR15 Owner's Guide" by Duff had photos but it does not. There is only a little blurb about fire control pin sizes and nothing about pivot pins that I can find. I am planning to buy a CMMG M4 upper for my Colt Gov't Carbine so the pivot pin is the only thing I am concerned about.

Also, are all Colt take-down pin sizes consistent, or did they F with that too?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:19:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Call/contact Colt Mfg'ring
http://www.colt.com/
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:58:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Colt "large" pivot pin = .312 dia

USGI "Mil-spec" pivot pin = .250 dia

Your Gov't Carbine lower may have either size depending on when it was manufactured.

There are also offset conversion pivot screws available to mate a USGI size upper receiver with a Colt large pivot pin lower receiver.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:05:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought my Colt carbine NIB in June of '95. It's a pre-ban (now no-ban) but I am unsure when it was manufactured. Just going by looks, the pivot pin on the carbine is smaller than the one on my 1990 manufactured HBAR. The HBAR I have must have been built using the last of the old style receivers, i.e. no "fence" around the mag catch. Anyway, thanks for the info. I will measure the pin when I get home.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top