Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 8:02:54 AM EDT
I want to find an old style colt m4 type 1 CAR Stock body? Have heard rumors these are made by CMT but figured they should only fit mil-spec tubes if this was the case and not ALL tubes as usually described.  I want a tight fit and figure CMT may have play if built to accommodate larger tube sizes.  Any insights on CMT and advice on where to find a colt mil-spec type 1 appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:42:13 AM EDT
[#1]
CMT tubes and stocks are 100% mil-spec. The only difference between a CMT and a Colt tube is that the CMT is 6 position instead of 4 position.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:49:01 AM EDT
[#2]
check with Teknic. He has them.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:57:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replys! Any idea if CMT Supplies Colt?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:22:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
check with Teknic. He has them coming in next Monday.

Or at least that's when he's expecting them. I've got one on order from him and just waiting for them to get there.

It helps if I don't think too much about it.

Oops. I'm thinking of the early CAR type stock. Is that the same as the "M4 type 1 CAR Stock" as quoted in the title. I do believe he has the current style of M4 stocks on hand.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:10:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
check with Teknic. He has them coming in next Monday.

Or at least that's when he's expecting them. I've got one on order from him and just waiting for them to get there.

It helps if I don't think too much about it. hinking

Yes...the early CAR Stock is the type I'm refering to.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:41:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes CMT stocks are mil spec in every way. I truly believe they do supply Colt. I handled several new Colts today and every one of them had a rattly ass stock. Except the one with the Sopmod on it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:26:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yes CMT stocks are mil spec in every way. I truly believe they do supply Colt. I handled several new Colts today and every one of them had a rattly ass stock. Except the one with the Sopmod on it.

Yeah...I have the new style m4 stock on my colt now and there is definitely some undesirable play in it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:20:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I am not aware that CMT is making the early type stock assy any more. They don't show it, and the only dealer listings I've seen lately for that type stock are, from the pics on their web sites, not CMT.

But I guess you could call them and ask

(It never ceases to amaze me that someone will come on this site and ask if so and so makes such and such, when a phone call to the company would answer the question.)
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:43:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Here are the two stocks CMT makes.

Both are mil-spec and both use six position tubes. The stock body runs around $45 and the complete kit runs $65 - $75 depending on the dealer. Please look at the thread tacked at the top of this forum, about choosing the best collapsible stock, for more pictures of these stocks. Currently on the last page.

And it always amazes me, that on a site designed for people to get questions answered, someone bitches about someone asking questions.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:08:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, let's see.  It took the man two days to get an answer to a question he could have gotten the info on in 5 minutes with a phone call.  And if you hadn't seen the thread and posted, he still wouldn't have an answer.

Yup, real efficient.

And oh, by the way, if I hadn't posted on this thread, the question would have been on page 3 or 4 by now, and you'd have been unlikely to have seen it.  Sure, this site is for info---info that may be hard to acquire---like Ekie's post on his retro project, or another guy's experience with a broken gas key screw.  But when people start asking for info on if company A makes product B, when they could call the outfit and ask   ?????

But then I grew up and have spent most of my life in the world before personal computers. So what does an old fart like me know about how to get AR15 knowledge? Hell, I actually had to read something in a book or a field manual, and then go out and do it, to learn anything about ARs and M16s.

BTW. I'm happy you posted the info about the fact that Conti does in fact make the older style butt.  Too bad we had to wait so long to get it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:02:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow...I did talk to CMT and they referred me to their sister company Stag Arms.  CMT manufactures the six position CAR for Stag sale.   After inquiry, I was told a four position is manufactured but they could not comment on specifics with regard to whom they supply...surprise, surprise!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top