Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 5:06:57 PM EDT
Curious, not too familiar with the details of the ban... but does this mean 14" barrels will also be available for purchase?

I am in Canada and looked for a Colt LE6921 for a long time as they are legal here... but could never find one used or new. SAW would not export them to Canada either.

I have a LE6920 (LEO/Military/Export marked) with the 16" barrel but the 6921 would be nice as well.

Thx.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:56:03 PM EDT
[#1]
14.5" barrels have always been available (in the USA) both individually and as part of a barreled upper.

However they are only legal (again in the USA) for civilians to own if they have either a flash hider or a brake permanently installed such that the resulting barrel length is at least 16".

The expiration of the AWB will not alter that particular situation in any way.

I have no idea what Canadian law is with regard to this subject and also no idea what USA law is with regard to exporting 14.5" barrels (or barreled uppers or complete rifles) to Canada; hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I will chime in shortly.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:15:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have no idea what Canadian law is with regard to this subject and also no idea what USA law is with regard to exporting 14.5" barrels (or barreled uppers or complete rifles) to Canada; hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I will chime in shortly.

All NFA items will get an approved export license if the end user is a Govn't agency/Military. No individual sales.
BUT it is possible there are some special rules with regards to Canada... not sure.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:28:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Canada has no SBR laws, and lots of guys up there have short barrels. Somehow they get them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:42:37 PM EDT
[#4]
There are some here in Norway as well, but most of those were imported before 9/11.

I talked to one of the guys in the US State dept. who looks at the applications for export licenses a couple of months ago, and he said NO when I asked him....

But as I said, its possible they are not as strict when it comes to Canada.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:59:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There are some here in Norway as well, but most of those were imported before 9/11.

I talked to one of the guys in the US State dept. who looks at the applications for export licenses a couple of months ago, and he said NO when I asked him....

But as I said, its possible they are not as strict when it comes to Canada.

Ahhhh...Norway. Love to go back some day. Glad you're a part of ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:07:03 PM EDT
[#6]
What does SBR stand for?

AR's with 14.5", 11.5" and smaller barrels are legal here... for now. They are classed as 'restricted' and have all the 'evil' features. I can prob get a Bushmaster or Armalite with a barrel less than 16", but for some reason that 6921 is hard to come by. There is still the 5rd mag restriction though.

My 14" Mossy 590 is legal as well. In fact, it is classed as 'non-restricted'. I walked into the store, paid for it, and was out the door with it about 5-10 minutes later after a few checks. I can hunt with it if wanted, but I don't know of anyone that would bother hunting with a 14" barreled shotgun.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:46:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm in the Army deployed to Iraq.  The LE6921 looks as close to my M4 as I can find, other than the restricted military versions.

I'd like to buy one of these puppies for myself (unfortunately I'm here for at least another 6 months--hope there's no new ban before I get home).  If the regular M16A2 compensator/flash supressor is installed, does the barrel legnth meet the 16" requirement?

I guess what I really want to know is, can I buy the LE6921 in the states?  Particularly Oregon?

Maybe I can talk my wife into getting it for me while I'm here..
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top