Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2007 4:28:52 PM EDT
Me first post...

I have a stock Colt HBAR Target Competion (post ban) that has about 50 or so rounds through her - I actually haven't shot her in about 10-years as I never cared much for iron sites.

Finally got a decent scope for her.  Now I wanna free float the barrel, slap a Harris bipod and upgrade the trigger to a JP unit.

Looking for opinions regarding the stock 20" Colt barrel (1x9) in terms of accuracy.  I'm okay with trying things out then upgrading in the future if I'm not happy with the results.  I'd be happy with 1-MOA.

Input is appreciated to set expectations.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:24:10 PM EDT
[#1]
First of all, welcome to ar15.com!

I will suggest that you post this in either the AR Discussions or Rifle, Upper, Lowers, Barrels, & More forum. You'll get many more views. The AR Variants forum is typically for ARs in calibers other than 5.56.

Have fun, and hope to see you around.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:21:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Gotcha - I should have spent more time navigating this new-to-me website prior to posting. Thanks vmpglenn for the correction.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 5:58:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Lap the bbl and polish the chamber til it gleams....I am not saying remove metal.

Use a very fine grit diamond paste if it is chrome lined.

800 grit or higher, I hope you have a bore light or borescope.

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 5:09:52 PM EDT
[#4]
with the right ammo[reloads] and the jp trigger, you can shoot moa all day long.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:25:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks all for the input - it is appreciated.  Now all's I need to determine is what C MP barrel markings represent...this website is a gold mine of AR info for sure.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top