Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2003 9:34:30 AM EDT
Hi, i live in South Africa and i just wanted to know what the value of my dads rifle is.

Its a Colt AR-15 which he purchased here in South-Africa in 1972 from a Green Barret that was in Vietnam. The Serial No. is 13211, the gun is in perfect condition, no scratches, the barrel is also perfect, everything is original it even still has the original army carrying belt.

I was wondering if somebody in america could tell me what it is worth.

Please email me or just reply to this post.

Regards

S.Matic.

P.S. i can take pics if u want !
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 8:32:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Somebody want to field this one.  This guy is new and we should give him a hand.  I am not qualified because I do not own a Colt.  I know many people here do though.

Welcome to the site
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 8:37:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I think you need to be more specific. When you ask how much is it worth, it depends on where you want to sell it. It may be worth $1000 in the US but in South Africa it may only be worth $50 (just an example, I do not know the real worth).

If you are thinking of selling it in the US, I don't know if there are any laws prohibiting you from bringing it into the USA.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 8:37:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hi, i live in South Africa and i just wanted to know what the value of my dads rifle is.

Its a Colt AR-15 which he purchased here in South-Africa in 1972 from a Green Barret that was in Vietnam. The Serial No. is 13211, the gun is in perfect condition, no scratches, the barrel is also perfect, everything is original it even still has the original army carrying belt.

I was wondering if somebody in america could tell me what it is worth.

Please email me or just reply to this post.

Regards

S.Matic.

P.S. i can take pics if u want !
View Quote

[b]First, welcome to AR15.com - the finest board in all of gundom !![/b]

Yes, a picture would help and also everything marked on the receiver that identifies the AR.

This rifle IS semi and not full-auto - right ????????
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 10:42:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Prophet: Considering the news from Africa you do not want to sell this firearm. If it is US Property or selective fire it is contraban here. Standard ar.15 price $1000. and up, preban varies up to $3000. selective fire only God knows and I believe he also has to have the $200.00 Federal stamp to posess, As an unlisted selective fire this firearm would be confiscated here in US. Buy some ammo and see if you can resist the desease. Jeep
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 10:52:12 AM EDT
[#5]
well saying its from 1972 from a Green Barret that was in Vietnam.  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

thats just my guess
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 12:21:43 PM EDT
[#6]

SP360200 and below are pre-ban
I got this from a site on the net.

Im new to this - please explain to me what pre ban is, ive no clue

Im not interested in selling it (Eventhough we were offered R20,000 for it, thats about $2500 - but there is not replacement for this gun thats y we did not sell it), like Jeep98 said we really do need it here!
I just wanted to know what it be worth in the US, where ever.

And yes it is semi not full auto.

Ill get take pics of it this weekend. The gun is in pieces right now busy cleaning it.
We thorougly clean it after we shoot with it.

Description: On the side of the Rifle it says Colt AR 15 and it has the Logo next to it.

Underneath that: CAL..223          
                Model SP1  
                Ser. SP. 13211

Next to the fire selector (safe, fire): Colts Patent Firearm Hartford Conn.
U.S.A

thats about it
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 12:42:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Rifle or carbine ?  (Should have already asked.)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top