Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2011 6:41:08 AM EDT
has any one purchased or seen in person these LMT style stock kits  i contacted the seller about quality , if there not LMT or B5 what are they?
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=243236593

thanks
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:56:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Well they're not milspec. The tube looks slanted in the rear, indicative of commercial spec.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:00:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd venture to guess they are made in china. Only a matter of time for anything to be copied over there. The price would make me think that off the bat.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:09:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'd venture to guess they are made in china. Only a matter of time for anything to be copied over there. The price would make me think that off the bat.

I agree with this.

One clue is the commercial receiver extension. SOPMODs have a tight fit on mil-spec extensions, so I don't see how a real one would fit on a commercial tube without a hammer.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 8:26:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with this.

One clue is the commercial receiver extension. SOPMODs have a tight fit on mil-spec extensions, so I don't see how a real one would fit on a commercial tube without a hammer.

Your are dead on. The real LMT's SOPMOD is as tight as I have ever seen.

I hate it when we get this influx of subpar crap.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 8:55:11 AM EDT
[#5]
One of these?
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 4:48:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I picked up a knock off at a local gun show for $15. Why? To see if I liked the way it felt. It fit fine on a MILSPEC tube, and looked great. Then extended the stock, then slammed the rifle on the ground on the stock, slid all the way to the receiver with very little resistance.

Don't buy knockoff for a real rifle. I had no intentions of ever shooting with that stock. you will regret it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:13:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I picked up a knock off at a local gun show for $15. Why? To see if I liked the way it felt. It fit fine on a MILSPEC tube, and looked great. Then extended the stock, then slammed the rifle on the ground on the stock, slid all the way to the receiver with very little resistance.

Don't buy knockoff for a real rifle. I had no intentions of ever shooting with that stock. you will regret it.

Not that I'm advocating buying knock offs, but an LMT would have done the same thing. I've seen lots of guys shear the pin in their stocks trying to clear a stuck case and forgetting to collapse the stock.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:37:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I now have an LMT sopmod and it does NOT do that when I slam it on the ground.

YMMV
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 4:54:04 PM EDT
[#9]

I laughed when I saw that.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 5:01:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I now have an LMT sopmod and it does NOT do that when I slam it on the ground.

YMMV

Your suppose to slide your stock to the 1st notch no matter what brand your using. SOP
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 4:37:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Topic Moved
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top