Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2003 12:09:50 PM EDT
Hey, what's your clean up procedure on your rifles after a SHORT (200 rds) stint at the range?  Man, I ended up almost re-doing the whole application process cuz I'm so used to degreasing and re-lubing everything as I used to do with CLP.  So how do you guys do it?

Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:18:23 PM EDT
[#1]
2 patches of CLP then 2 dry patches down the bore. Scrub the bolt face a little to get anything out from under the extractor. A little carb cleaner in the barrel exension.  A couple drops of CLP on the wear surfaces of the bolt to keep things running smooth.

All done.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 3:57:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, Lumpy....should still be the same for me even though I'm using Mil-Comm TW25B and Mil-Comm MC2500...

Blankwaffe? S-28?  
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:22:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I clean the bore using either Hoppe's No-9 or MC-2500 cleaner and a bore brush until clean.Then dry the bore until all the solvent is removed and run a patch of the MC-2500 oil through the bore followed by with a dry patch to remove excess lube before storage.
For the bolt,carrier,barrel extension and upper I wipe the fouling off and out with a dry rag.For the heavy fouling that will not wipe off I use the MC-25 Cleaner and a tooth brush.Wipe the parts good and dry and relube with either the MC-2500 or TW-25B.
Even if you wipe the TW-25B completely off to the eye and touch the bonding agent/polymer is still there as well as the PTFE.Even the MC-25 cleaner will not remove the bonding agent/polymer.All you need to do is relube as per the directions and your good to go.
It takes me about 15 minutes to do the job at max.
By the way the TW-25B will not bond to chrome so there is no use in putting it in the chamber or bore.Or inside the bolt carrier.
If your in a hurry the MC-2500 oil will clean but its expensive.
Raymond
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:12:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, Blankwaffe98.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top