Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2003 8:46:38 PM EDT
Is it worth the extra money to have a chrome bolt carrier?

Big Al
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:29:50 AM EDT
[#1]
No.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 1:46:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Take a standard bolt carrier and run it in and out in the bore and feel the resistance. Now take a chromed one....it will feel like it has ball bearings attached to it.
Now you decide if chrome is worth it.

Myself I run chrome bolt carrier and a TiCN coated bolt. Thousands of rounds fired not one problem.

Rick
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:54:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Take a standard bolt carrier and run it in and out in the bore and feel the resistance. Now take a chromed one....it will feel like it has ball bearings attached to it.
Now you decide if chrome is worth it.

Myself I run chrome bolt carrier and a TiCN coated bolt. Thousands of rounds fired not one problem.

Rick
View Quote

What Rick said and I'll add that it cleans much easier.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Where do you get the both of these?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:00:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Chrome carriers are the only way to go.....
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:25:12 AM EDT
[#6]
If you have the extra money, and like the look, then they are worth it. I don't really care for the look, and I don't think that they are worth the extra money, so for me it is not worth it.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top