Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2005 6:37:24 PM EDT
First off, I did a search for some answers but couldn’t find what I am looking for. Please give me a link if this has been discussed before. I am sure it has.

I have a 16” bushmaster chrome lined fluted barrel free floated with a Daniel Defense. I call it my M4/SPR/do it all upper. I am planning on putting a low power Leupold scope on it. Would I really get any better accuracy from a SST over my barrel? I mostly shoot up to 200 yards max right now. I am feeding it XM193, nothing special. I am a just for fun shooter.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:53:25 PM EDT
[#1]
You might get better groups, but it might be hard to tell with XM193 as it's just a battle round, not a round that has been designed for top accuracy.

Different ammo might be your best bet for better groups right now.

Course, this is all IMHO, and worth what you paid for it.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:22:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Bushmaster 1/7 M4 14.5" chromelined barrel, 75 grain Black Hills, 4X scope, 1MOA groups at 100 yards.  Thats what I got.  If you want .5" groups you will need a match barrel.  Just using stainless and not getting a match barrel will not make a big difference over chrome lined.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:50:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Just for fun rifle?....sounds like that is exactly what you have and need...no need to change just yet

I'd still put a scope on it ..just for fun :)

-imo
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top