Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2003 6:12:57 AM EDT
I've found this carrier and was wondering if anyone can help identify the manufacturer. It has no FA notches and no stampings/markings on either side. Any guesses?

http://harveys-supermarkets.com/graphics/bolt.jpg
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:33:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Colt SP-1?  Looks like all of the old M-16 bolts that the AF got rid of when they updated (most of) to the M-16A2 with the conversion kits.

Oh, when we deployed on Operation Enduring Freedom on 21 Sept 01, most of us were issued M-16's that's not an A-1,2,3or4 an M-16.  Chrome bolts, no forward assist, no brass deflector, hell, some didn't even have the fence around the Mag release button.....Serial numbers that were only 5 digits long.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:46:36 AM EDT
[#2]
If this is a early M16 carrier, would it have had a chrome key and chrome bolt?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:51:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep, that's true, I didn't look that close, it looked like a stripped carrier.  But where's the key screw holes?

Someone start to make one?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:27:30 AM EDT
[#4]
It is a stripped carrier. The Key screw holes are on the top. I edited the picture to show them. I just wondered if this had all chrome parts also. Chrome key, chrome bolt, .....
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 12:45:17 PM EDT
[#5]
That's a pretty cool find. Where did you get it?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:19:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Sukebe - I picked it up at a Fun Show a while back. I've been looking for a NON-FA carrier to build a M16/SP1 upper. I bought it thinking I'd find the other chrome parts to finish it. No such luck. Yet....

Any help?
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:15:41 PM EDT
[#7]
DPMS has notchless carriers and all the other chrome goodies you may want.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top