Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2004 12:28:28 PM EDT
I am looking for help/opinions from you experts. I work for a small police department and we are currently looking to transition to the AR15 for a patrol rifle. I want to know what recommendations you all would make for optics? The red dot has been recommended but I am looking for all options.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:35:44 PM EDT
[#1]
red dot
HDF.
irons
visible laser
IR laser.

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:05:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd go with the proven tactical optics.  Aimpoint or EOTech (favoring Aimpoint myself although the EO is a great CQB optic).  Are these going to be flat top rifles?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:19:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:21:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:04:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I would recommend either of the AA EOTechs.  The 65 moa ring is great for speed and the 1moa center dot is great for precision shooting.  You can use the built in mount or use the Larue mount to place the iron sights in the lower third of the optics window.  The EOTech has both four and eight hour auto shut off to conserve battery life.  The AA models have more than 1000 hours of life with lithium batteries.  

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top