BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 10:28:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jessluvsherar85:
Where was this post last year when i needed it!? Any reviews on magpul butt stocks? like this one?

http://www.tacticalvantage.com/en/magpul/1214-magpul-prs-ar-15-sniper-stk-fol.html

I dont trust website reviews

tia
View Quote

There should be PLENTY of good reviews on Magpul Stocks.  They are among the most popular and best designed ones out there.

The Magpul PRS is often used in precision builds.  It is heavy but that often works best for builds with long & heavy barrels.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:05:40 AM EDT
[#2]
is there any way to fit a mil spec stock on a commercial tube? I got a really good deal on a mil spec stock and would hate to have to sell it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 5:29:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Has anyone given the Hogue Stock a run? I am finishing a build and just wanted to try it but looking for a review first. Haven't seen any in the EE at all. Either nobody wants to sell theirs or nobody is buying them, lol!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:38:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: minion42] [#4]
Originally Posted By RedMallNinja:
is there any way to fit a mil spec stock on a commercial tube? I got a really good deal on a mil spec stock and would hate to have to sell it.
View Quote

I could be totally off here, but wouldn't it be easier to buy and install a mil spec buffer tube if you want to use that stock?
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 9:56:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VanBo] [#5]
Noob question... but how do I know if I need a mil-spec or comm-spec?  I recently purchased a Colt LE6940, and am checking out the Magpul CTR stock...

Edit: looks like all Colts are mil spec, per one of the FAQs
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 4:41:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: f1chad] [#6]
Originally Posted By NCHornet:
Has anyone given the Hogue Stock a run? I am finishing a build and just wanted to try it but looking for a review first. Haven't seen any in the EE at all. Either nobody wants to sell theirs or nobody is buying them, lol!!!!!
View Quote

I agree and was wondering the same actually. I am looking at the Hogue 15345 OverMolded Collapsible Buttstock in FDE rubber and wanted an idea how it holds up in the areas initially researched on this post.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 2:32:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I thought I would report back on the Hogue stock. I placed an order for one and it came in last week. This sucker is tight, but in a good way, lol!!!!!!!  Pain in the azz getting her on, but rock solid once installed. The only negative I have is the sharp edges on the release lever, but this will be easy to fix. I am going to replace all my stocks with the Hogue's, best part is I can probably sell my Magpul stocks and make money buying the Hogue's!!!  

NCH
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 8:08:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I begrudgingly ordered a UTG 6 position collapable stock from Tiger Outfitters (good price and very fast delivery) for a truck gun build. Having seen UTG products at gun shows in the past I was a little concerned what might show up quality-wise. I am impressed- the quality is first rate. I f you were hesitant about trying one of these, fear not!      MADE IN USA     TG
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 1:19:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By VanBo:
Noob question... but how do I know if I need a mil-spec or comm-spec?  I recently purchased a Colt LE6940, and am checking out the Magpul CTR stock...

Edit: looks like all Colts are mil spec, per one of the FAQs
View Quote

Here you go (BTW, Google is easy to use):

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 6:23:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Be careful when removing the receiver extension tube because the buffer retaining pin is spring loaded and can take out an eyeball if your not careful yeah ask me how I know that.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:54:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By NCHornet:
Well I thought I would report back on the Hogue stock. I placed an order for one and it came in last week. This sucker is tight, but in a good way, lol!!!!!!!  Pain in the azz getting her on, but rock solid once installed. The only negative I have is the sharp edges on the release lever, but this will be easy to fix. I am going to replace all my stocks with the Hogue's, best part is I can probably sell my Magpul stocks and make money buying the Hogue's!!!  

NCH
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up NCH! Sounds like it's time to put in the order!
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 10:15:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: floridajpr] [#12]
I recently bought a BCM Gunfighter Stock kit and when I installed their kit on my new AR, the Gunfighter stock was very loose! I thought they accidentally sent me a commercial stock & a Mil-Spec buffer tube but when I searched their site I found out they do not make the Gunfighter Stock in Commercial. I then purchased an MFT Minimalist stock and it fit nice and snug on the BCM buffer tube with no play. I did receive an email from BCM about my Gunfighter stock but I accidentally deleted it. I am sure they would probably have replaced the stock with no problems as they are a very reputable company.

Same thing happened with a Rock River Arms Operator stock when they first came out. Loose!

My MFT Minimalist stocks, Ergo F93, and Magpul UBR have all locked up solid.

Link Posted: 4/12/2016 9:43:42 AM EDT
[#13]
I just got a PSA Lower, took the butt stock off and threw on a Fab Defense GLR-16 stock I had for another certain rifle of mine and it fits great and feels good on the shoulder.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 3:10:19 AM EDT
[#14]
I just came across this thread again since it started in 2004. Made me dig out my Magpul M93 prototype from the safe and finally put it on a build. FOR THE FIRST TIME.

It really was pretty forward looking design at the time. The two piece design/tail hook was it's weakness, but i really wish they had developed more of the accessories for it. I remember when they phased it out, and due to a move, missed out on all the accessory upgrades they were closing out. I know Ergo Grips owns the design now and makes their version. It doesn't look like they're going to develope it any more than where magpul left off accessory wise. I'll have to see if they'll sell me the upgraded tail hook by itself. It would be nice to have the metal reinforcement/quick detach sling attachments. I see I can get the metal toe piece/glass breaker and stock pad though, so that's nice.

It really is a neat little stock though.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 12:19:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd love to write here and tip my hat for the Magpul UBR 2.0.......but...as of yet they still have yet to release it to the market. A solid year has passed since "It's Here!" To "we will release it.....sometime"?
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:48:59 PM EDT
[#16]
A look at my responses in picture threads will likely yield a conclusion of "M4ger likes a SOPMOD."

2 EMODs
1 Daniel Defense
2 Tactical Intent TI-7s
18 SOPMODs
1 STR
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 4:09:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dauglos] [#17]
Thought I'd share this graph I put together.  The data comes from the old Buttstock Bashfest comparison; the thing is . . . I left out the actual drop test data.  That's in part because I have a Magpul CTR, and ignoring its mediocre performance in that area makes me feel better.  But -- more seriously -- I feel (for me) it's of more practical benefit to have a lightweight, wiggle-free stock than one that can survive 200 drops (a la the Magpul UBR).

One other note: sometimes play and deflection numbers were available with stocks' friction locks both engaged and disengaged.  I stuck with the "engaged" data.

Link Posted: 6/20/2017 7:30:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trollslayer] [#18]
Who took over production of the M93B stock from Magpul?  Magpul sold the rights and tooling to some other firm.  Anyone recall who it was?

nm, I found it.

It's now called the ERGO F93 stock.   It looks a tiny bit different in a few subtle ways.  I'm only after some parts, so it makes no difference to me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 2:32:27 PM EDT
[#19]
old style CAR stock or the BCM Sopmod.
Both tiny & very strudy
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 9:12:20 PM EDT
[#20]
With this being up to 11 pages I might have missed it but I didn't see much on length comparison.  My Bushmaster commercial diameter 6-position stock is about a full one inch longer than a Colt and several other brands.  You get roughly half an inch longer in the tube and half an inch longer in the stock part.  1" gives me a MUCH better sight picture.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 9:41:51 AM EDT
[#21]
I generally use magpul, but I recently gave the BCM mod 1 sopmod a shot and it fits nice and tight on a FCD receiver extension. Instalation is a bit odd, but not difficult.
Page / 11
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top