Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 6:40:55 PM EDT
I called the vendor that I got my last 2 Chip McCormick triggers from and they said that CHip has stopped shipping triggers and they are looking for a replacement.  Anyone heard about this and does anyone have recommendation for a substitute trigger for a Varmint AR ??
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:46:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Jewell for 2-stage and the complete fire control system from JP for single stage.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:43:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Jewell in my varmit gun love it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:40:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I called the vendor that I got my last 2 Chip McCormick triggers from and they said that CHip has stopped shipping triggers and they are looking for a replacement.  Anyone heard about this and does anyone have recommendation for a substitute trigger for a Varmint AR ??

I haven't heard this and so can neither confirm nor refute it. It is interesting that the web page on the CMC website is blank.

Maybe someone with more info will come forward. I'd like to know--I really like my CMC trigger.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:48:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I was told by a vendor that the EDM shop that was producing the parts for the CM triggers was having problems maintaining spec, and that some of the triggers were doubling.  CM decided to stop production and use another EDM shop.  It will be awhile before they can get things up and running again.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:59:09 PM EDT
[#5]
When installing this trigger, do you leave out the stock disconnector ?  Any other tricks or tips ?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:29:37 PM EDT
[#6]
When installing the Chp McCormick trigger you remove the old trigger and slip in the self contained module and re-install the pins.  That's all there is to it.   I tried to order CM triggers from Midway after my regular supplier quit handling them and Midway (even though they are in the January Sale Paper) said that they would not be getting them because of problems at CM.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:35:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:48:26 PM EDT
[#8]
If you like a 2 stage trigger you can't beat the Rock River Arms.  They are $75.00 from Brownells.  I've got five of them and they rock.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:50:57 PM EDT
[#9]
If you use a RR NM have it tuned by White Oak - then it's good!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:01:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I was told by a vendor that the EDM shop that was producing the parts for the CM triggers was having problems maintaining spec, and that some of the triggers were doubling.  CM decided to stop production and use another EDM shop.  It will be awhile before they can get things up and running again.

What is doubling? I recently bought a CM and had it bump fire or so I thought here the other day.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Chip McCormick has their AR triggers advertised in the latest issue of Shotgun News.  If they're no longer shipping, it has to be very recent as there isn't a really long lead time on that magazine.  Maybe you can order direct from Chip McCormick?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:29:55 AM EDT
[#12]

The Accuracy Speaks Single stage trigger is very nice. MInimal fitting and gives a nice, light single stage pull. The JP can be set lighter but I like that the A.S. has no set screws to come loose.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:39:04 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
If you use a RR NM have it tuned by White Oak - then it's good!

+1
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:54:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chip McCormick has their AR triggers advertised in the latest issue of Shotgun News.  If they're no longer shipping, it has to be very recent as there isn't a really long lead time on that magazine.  Maybe you can order direct from Chip McCormick?

Good Luck, CMC ain't got none, and failed to tell anyone before all these ads went to market. They are changing suppliers, and mid-Feb is what I'm hearing too.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top