Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2003 7:39:26 PM EDT
The four rail handguard isnt here yet and I think it needs a fake FS but here it is anyway..

see below as I am so retarded I had to get a Jarhead to post my pics...
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:41:31 PM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/pfa209ec1921c26ebf73b377878eff106/fc344615.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:37:25 AM EDT
[#2]
DATS A SHWEEEET RIFLE!
[beer]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:45:31 AM EDT
[#3]
What type of gas block is that?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:06:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Ver-r-ry nice!! Wouldn't change a thing (aside from your handguard upgrade). Looks "ready-fo-bidness" just the way it is. Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:31:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the comments. It has a 2 stage trigger on a PWA lower,Metalcraft gas block, Fulton GI numbered upper with a BM 1x9 twist barrel. Also an ACE stock and TA01NSN. At first I had ordered a SS 16" fluted HBAR with a JP/Cooley brake but he lead time was 9 weeks on the barrel so I opted for the M4 so I would stop staring at the half completed rifle.

The handguard ordered is the B.M.A.S. 4 rail. Does anyone know how it stacks up vs. a FRISH or similar?

J
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:19:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I have 2 BMAS equiped rifles and I really like them.  Both have had the piss shot out of them and after some initial tweaking, No Probs.

Granted I think the SIRS looks cooler but functionally I cant complain.

A little advice:

There is a ring that locks the outer tube (handguard) in place against the handguard (kinda like a 'jam nut').  Use locktite to secure it when you doing your initial assembly.  Once you are sure is straight and are happy with its position, I would recommend drilling and tapping a few screws thru the handguard tube into the barrel nut.  Of course, locktite these in as well.  I used 0.5 inch 8-32 set screws and have had no probs even doing barrel strikes and 3 gun stuff.

I realize this may sound a bit confusing, but once you get the BMAS in your hand I think you'll understand what I mean.  If you dont, email me at [email protected] and I'll try to help some more.

Good luck and if you need help email me.

Jim
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:00:38 AM EDT
[#7]
4GMA,

Thanks for the info. I have another BMAS question. I bought the handguard believing that I could use a push-type QD on the front of the handguard but have now read that BM sells a screw in type. It look like the recess is too large a diameter to use the screw in type.

Here is a link that has the push type QD. (uses a different mounting system though.)

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=159271[/url]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top