Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 6:15:29 PM EDT
I have a BM lower with A2 upper.  Have a craving for an m4gery and wondering if there would be any issues changing uppers occasionally besides sighting in.  I swear i had read somewhere about the bolt needing to stay with the barrel, but I may be mistaken.  I just want to be able to swap them out as the feeling hits me before I go to the range.  I plan to buy another lower when money allows, but in the mean time........
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:20:22 PM EDT
[#1]
As long as you are using the same barrel and bolt you should be fine. If not have your headspace checked.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#2]
999 out of 1000 you can swap bolts.
but that one time you blow the gun.  big boom.

i would buy a bolt for each barrel and move the carrier.  but then a "complete bolt" is about 150.00
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:21:58 AM EDT
[#3]
swapping complete uppers is a matter of pushing two pins out.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:18:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, that's what I meant is swapping complete uppers.  Do I need to change bolts for that.....1 dedicated bolt for each upper?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:50:48 PM EDT
[#5]

A COMPLETE UPPER has everything carrier and bolt!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:40:12 PM EDT
[#6]
999 out of 1000 you can swap bolts.
but that one time you blow the gun. big boom.

i would buy a bolt for each barrel and move the carrier. but then a "complete bolt" is about 150.00

$150 for a bolt seems way excessive.  The bolt should run for about $50 or less.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:08:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replies, guys.  I guess I meant that I was going to get a barrel assembly.  I am going to go ahead and get an entire upper with bolt and carrier.....until I can get another lower.  Dammit, I've seen at least 10 different configurations I'd like to try....It's only money, right?  I've enjoyed my AR so much that I feel I may have to sell some of my other guns to buy black rifle stuff....  too many hobbies.  Thanks again for the replies

B
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:19:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Dammit, I've seen at least 10 different configurations I'd like to try....It's only money, right?  I've enjoyed my AR so much that I feel I may have to sell some of my other guns to buy black rifle stuff....  too many hobbies.  Thanks again for the replies

B

You and me both friend!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top