Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/12/2003 5:49:51 PM EST
Order the gray Cavalry arms furniture for my RRA M4 but forgot about the problem of the fixed telestock. Do any of you guys know how to remove the stock fixed telestock and replace it with the Cavalry model. It will have to be fixed of course but shouldn't their be some way to remove the stock one and use the same buffer tube for the new one.

Hope you all can help.

Link Posted: 7/12/2003 7:18:07 PM EST
You can't use the CAR stock tube for an A2 buttstock if that is what you are asking. You'll need the proper tube and buffer. As for removing this is simple: Best to use the wrench but loosen the locking ring being careful not to loose the detent pin and spring held into the back of the receiver by the metal plate. This holds the rear puch pin in place. Then rotate the entire assembly out taking care not to loose the buffer detent pin and spring. Watch it--these can really fly.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 7:23:23 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/12/2003 7:24:30 PM EST by bill3508]
Thats not really what I am asking. What I want to do is remove the current black furniture from my RRA fixed telestock and replace it with the grey Cav telestock in the same fixed position. I only want to change the plastic stock piece not the entire unit. The tube on the fixed telestocks is a normal A2 buffer tube using the standard A2 buffer. BIll3508
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 8:01:00 PM EST
Easy to do with the standard telestock but I have no experience with the postban style. You have to be able to move the lever on the stock to get it off. Wish I were more help.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 9:21:41 PM EST
I could be wrong, but since the postban stocks habve to be opermanently open, there may be no way to remove the plastic furniture without risking damage to the components. I believe they are usually pinned as well as welded to the tube. The easiest thing to do is get a new tube (30 bucks for a four position from any Cav Arms dealer) and have the new furniture pinned and welded to the tube. It will save you a lot of time and headaches to just do that.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 10:18:07 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 4:51:17 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/13/2003 5:35:04 AM EST by bill3508]
Thanks guys I'll see what I can do to get it off. Furniture will be here monday and I was looking forward to it until I discovered my mistake. There are two roll pins going into the left side. I'm not sure if they go all the way through the bottom of the tube or not. Once I get to the store tomorrow drill a small hole on the other side to check. Hopefully its not welded or anything. Bill3508
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 2:37:08 PM EST
Success. Drilled through and removed both of the roll pins. The first one was dead on the second was a little tricky. The pins do not go all the way through so the second one turned out to be the hard one to line up. I got the stock off and its ready to accept the new grey furniture. I don't really know why they have to blind pin these things. If you move it in shorter than it is supossed to be youve got the back of the buffer tube digging in your shoulder, being that it is a standard A2 tube. Thanks everyone. Bill3508
Top Top