Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 12:44:03 PM EDT
Got that from an industry source via RSR. Looked for dupes, first. I have no idea what that will mean to us consumers yet.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:31:38 PM EDT
[#1]
FAC was anti-gun. At least with their employees. Maybe a new management will help. Can't hurt.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Pardon my ignorance. Who is FAC?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:50:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Federal Arms Corp.

gunsnstuff.net
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:17:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Federal Arms Corp.

gunsnstuff.net

and they were anti-gun?

Sold me one.....

eta....but that doesn't mean they can't be anti with their own employees........

Just doesn't add up
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:23:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey lance,   how can they be anti-gun!...   Its not like they sell fertilizer?        WTF
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:09:30 AM EDT
[#6]
This isn't much in the way of news, by itself, but if there is a re-launch of FAC, look for old, familiar faces firearms.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:00:56 AM EDT
[#7]

GAK!

Century Arms, purveyor of screwed up firearms and home of trained monkeys they call gunsmiths. The only guns with "Century" rollmarked on them that aren't jacked in some way or other are the ones they imported and didn't modify.

FAC can only go downhill now. They actually used to have some decent stuff.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:02:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
GAK!

Century Arms, purveyor of screwed up firearms and home of trained monkeys they call gunsmiths. The only guns with "Century" rollmarked on them that aren't jacked in some way or other are the ones they imported and didn't modify.

Dude, I have a Century Arms WASR 10..................................and couldn't agree more about the trained monkeys.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:10:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
GAK!

Dude, I have a Century Arms WASR 10..................................and couldn't agree more about the trained monkeys.

WIZZO

I'm not saying some can't be fixed if you are a decent home gunsmith, but I had two Century CETMEs that had receivers so out of spec it would have been easier just to rebuild on a JLD receiver. Ground and cut bolts, crooked muzzled brakes, you name it. even my Romanian  SAR-1 had a screwed up FCG thanks to those idiots.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:44:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hey lance,   how can they be anti-gun!...   Its not like they sell fertilizer?        WTF

They would not allow their employees to carry guns on the property, have one in the car, etc. I talked to some folks there that were very unhappy with the way they were treated.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:17:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Century sucks.

Who do you think fucked Dan's around on the FAL kits?

I say again, century sucks.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:34:09 AM EDT
[#12]
 They can't even get a Yo Yo right.  I know....I have a Century Arms Yo YO to prove it.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:16:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
 They can't even get a Yo Yo right.  I know....I have a Century Arms Yo YO to prove it.  

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:48:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:53:17 PM EDT
[#15]
A match made in heaven. Two shitty companied pooling their shit in one pile.

I guess that makes it easier, as we only now have to remember one name not to deal with.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:00:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I own an SAR1 and a Cetme no problems at all from either, ever.  So why all the century love?  The WASRs?  Weren't those shotilly made the first time and just rerecievered in semi auto?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:01:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
A match made in heaven. Two shitty companied pooling their shit in one pile.

I guess that makes it easier, as we only now have to remember one name not to deal with.

They could merge with JoeKen for some sort of trifecta..
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:01:14 PM EDT
[#18]
No kidding,
Now you can order a rifle Directly from Century arms that will be charged to your
credit card and takes only a speedy 1.5 years to reach your FFL and when it finally arrives,
experiencing the gooey excitement of an FAL charging handle detaching itself when working the
action for the first time or an AK clone with it's rear trunnion and sight canted towards to east!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:17:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Century Arms is the largest surplus importer. I respect them for that. However they should stop all attempts at assembly, and just stick to selling parts.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:34:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Those monkeys welded the front sights on my G3 on canted to the left...thank gawd the rifle seems to run ok though.

Thinking about cutting the weld, straitening it, and rewelding it
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#21]
If the triple frame is canted, and if it's held on with silver solder like the Cetme's, you can heat it up with a MAPP torch and tap it into alignment.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top