Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2003 3:34:14 PM EDT
I have a few questions I hope you people will be able to answer for me. The first is, has anyone built from a Cav Arms receiver?, and if so how does the build compare to say, a RRA lower. I want to build a AR, but I'm unsure of the route to take. I like the idea of the molded lower, and the different colors I would be able to pick from. I already own a factory build 20" Bushmaster, but really feel the need to build, and the Cav Arms receiver is the way I would like to go, but I'm scared it may be alittle over my head. I sure could use your help, and comments.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 10:20:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Zombie36,

I've attended the Cavalry Arms armorer's seminar where we were instructed on how to assemble the CAV-15 lower.

The assembly is slightly different than a standard receiver, but not more difficult.

Because they are molded into the lower, there is, of course, no separate buffer tube, trigger guard or pistol grip. The usual pivot and take-down pins, along with the associated springs and detent pins, have been replaced with Quick Take-down pins. These pins have a built-in detent ball which allows quicker and easier removal for cleaning and maintenance.

If you have basic hand tools and follow the instructions included with the receiver, you should have no trouble assembling a CavArms lower. My son (20) built his and had no trouble at all.

If you do run into a snag, we're here to help.

My CAV-15
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=6693&iGalleryUnq=11&iImageUnq=34[/img]
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 5:09:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Coyote3
Thanks for the reply, nice looking rifle! I'll be looking for a stripped lower at the Syrcuse gun show on the 13th, sure hope I can find one for a decent price. Will keep you all informed of the up coming built, again thanks
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top