Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2009 10:52:22 AM EDT
Alrighty,
So I need a set of hg's for my build.  Any difference in quality between the RRA and the CavArms?  What would you choose, and why?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:54:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Both are great quality.  RRA are a little more shiny in my experience.  I buy Cav Arms furniture because of the quality and because I want to support them as a company.  Can't go wrong with either.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:56:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks,
What about their M4 style stock...GTG?  I figure they have deals on furniture packages and would make it easier than buying everything separately
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 11:01:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thanks,
What about their M4 style stock...GTG?  I figure they have deals on furniture packages and would make it easier than buying everything separately

I have 5 complete sets of Cav Arms carbine furniture (1) blue, (1) yellow, (1) Coyote Brown and (2) OD Green.  No problems with any of them.  They have some great deals listed in their industry section right now
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 11:04:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I have had both and much prefer RRA. The CavArms ones I bought needed a lot of work with a file and a knife to not have a huge gap between the top and bottom. I wondered if they were even real CavArms handguards, but I did buy them from Brownells.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 11:05:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have had both and much prefer RRA. The CavArms ones I bought needed a lot of work with a file and a knife to not have a huge gap between the top and bottom. I wondered if they were even real CavArms handguards, but I did buy them from Brownells.

I have seen 87GN post this before and I certainly believe him on his experience.  I do think his experience is the exception though and not the norm with Cav Arms.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 11:08:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have seen 87GN post this before and I certainly believe him on his experience.  I do think his experience is the exception though and not the norm with Cav Arms.

I do believe that I am the exception to the rule...this happens often . I'd make a good canary.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 2:53:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm wondering how oval are the Cavalry Arms Mid-length "M4 style" HG, they look more round then oval like the M4.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 2:58:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I prefer RRA handguards, and I have 2 sets on my BCM middies.
I had M4 oval middy handguards on my cmmg, but I just like the tapered ones more.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 3:15:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I have had many RRA handguards and a few Cav Arms

My Cav Arms (from Brownells) is G2G ...

Equal to my RRAs
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 3:52:06 PM EDT
[#10]
The tapered Cav Arms M/L handguards are good.  They are a little taller than they are wide.  But are not oversized.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 4:04:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I have midlength M4 style HGs on my BCM middie.  They are GTG.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for this discussion- I've been wondering the same thing about the Cav. Arms vs. RRA mid-length handguards. I also ran across some available from ArmaLite- does anyone have experience with those?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 4:35:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I prefer RRA handguards, and I have 2 sets on my BCM middies.
I had M4 oval middy handguards on my cmmg, but I just like the tapered ones more.

+1.  I just put together a BCM middy and used RRA handguards as well, love it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top