Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2013 5:33:54 AM EDT
I've finished my first AR pistol build, 300 blackout, and I've been looking for a case. I found 2 that look like they may work. My build totals 24" in length.

Both of these cases I found on Midway's website.

Uncle Mike's 24 1/2" case

Bulldog hybrid 31" case

What case do you guys use?
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 6:26:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I personally don't like cases that scream gun so I look for more discreet cases like LaRue has.

On a different subject what tube is that on front of the gun
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 7:06:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I am looking for more or less the same thing for a truck gun.  I want something very discreet and seriously considering a (new) beat up looking pizza box.
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 7:08:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been searching for SBR bags also. Amazon has quite a few listed.
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 7:15:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I personally don't like cases that scream gun so I look for more discreet cases like LaRue has.

View Quote

iMHO The larue case looks more like a gun case than the bulldog. The bulldog is something like $40 and the larue is $169.... That should be easy. I love all my larue gear, but for the money you can't beat the bulldog case. I have had one for years and I love it. Get the blue bulldog case and it really doesn't look like a gun case at all.
ETA: that looks like the "phase 5" buffer tube
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 7:39:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

iMHO The larue case looks more like a gun case than the bulldog. The bulldog is something like $40 and the larue is $169.... That should be easy. I love all my larue gear, but for the money you can't beat the bulldog case. I have had one for years and I love it. Get the blue bulldog case and it really doesn't look like a gun case at all.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No doubt the cost difference is a no brainer comparing to the LaRue case.

Phase 5 tube in the back and the tube up front was a Armslist purchase, no brand on it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 7:46:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Tennis racket bags have been suggested many times.
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 8:24:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I agree with previous posters, most "Descrete" bags scream firearm, Blackhawk has a diversion line listed under Bags & Cases/ sub topic "Portable/Carry" that look great, the Tennis Raquet bags are $65.00, around 29" long, reasonable.

Link Posted: 10/13/2013 11:59:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I got this one at Walmart for $13.96 ~>

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wilson-Racket-Tennis-Bag/23578447

It's the same bag I saw at a major-name sporting goods store selling for $55

Link Posted: 10/13/2013 12:54:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I agree with previous posters, most "Descrete" bags scream firearm, Blackhawk has a diversion line listed under Bags & Cases/ sub topic "Portable/Carry" that look great, the Tennis Raquet bags are $65.00, around 29" long, reasonable.

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp296/tsk5408/18-1867-IMG1_L.jpg
View Quote

I prefer people to think I have a gun over them thinking I play tennis
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 2:59:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went with the charcoal color LaRue bag that matches my backpack (non tactical type)  so it looks more like a suit case.  But the bulldogs do look nice.  I want my pistol to fit in my backpack when it is done.
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 5:18:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I went with this low key , they have 2 sizes  6x6x20 and 6x6x26, seems well made. There are some like it on e-bay for less $$
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 6:02:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a beat up Pelican 1490 that I picked up at a flea market for $20 from a guy that was deployedin the sandbox and he used it as a laptop case.  I purchased a new "pick and pull" foam insert and fitted it to my 10.5" pistol.  Remove upper from lower and it fits like a glove.  No pics at the moment ... I'm traveling for work and the case is about 300 miles away.
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 6:59:30 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a Wilson 'Thunder Hammer' bag.  Once I get the shorter upper built I won't ahve to break the AR down for it to fit.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 8:54:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have a beat up Pelican 1490 that I picked up at a flea market for $20 from a guy that was deployedin the sandbox and he used it as a laptop case.  I purchased a new "pick and pull" foam insert and fitted it to my 10.5" pistol.  Remove upper from lower and it fits like a glove.  No pics at the moment ... I'm traveling for work and the case is about 300 miles away.
View Quote

Just so you are aware, Pelican is very good with their lifetime warranty.  If that case is beat up at all, call them and they will send an RMA # and you sent them the trashed case, they sent you a new one.
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 9:14:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Just so you are aware, Pelican is very good with their lifetime warranty.  If that case is beat up at all, call them and they will send an RMA # and you sent them the trashed case, they sent you a new one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the head-up!  I say beat up in that it is scratched and shows wear ... I call it character but still functions perfectly. The only thing missing is the little button that allows for the pressure equalization.

Do you know if their lifetime warranty cover "cosmetic" wear or just parts that no longer function / are broken?
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 11:36:06 AM EDT
[#16]
I know in the past they were very liberal in the replacement aspect of broken boxes.  We sent some in from work, expecting them to do some sort of hot glue fix, but they said they grind up the old boxes and recycle the plastic so we got new ones.  I would check their website or give them a call.
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 12:25:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I use this case.

It works pretty well since I have a 10.5" upper on my pistol. The red velvet on the inside does draw attention.
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 4:55:42 PM EDT
[#18]
I got an Eagle SBR discreet case from Natchez when they had them marked down even more and I like it.  It's pretty heavy duty like all their stuff.  It's got a few mag pockets in the smaller area, which is large enough to cram another AR pistol in if you needed.  They still have them in Ranger Green marked down to $60 from $136.  

Eagle SBR case  

Link Posted: 10/16/2013 6:03:14 AM EDT
[#19]
This...saw it in a catalog a few months ago and it was the first thing that popped in my head when i saw the thread

http://www.511tactical.com/bags-packs/covrt-gear/select-carry-sling-pack.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmOlLtjnbP4
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 2:25:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 4:20:59 AM EDT
[#21]
511 Sling pack looks nice, but I question whether an AR pistol would fit in it without breaking it in half.  Doesn't look long enough.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 5:44:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 5:46:48 AM EDT
[#23]
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h202/jterry831/photobucket-2098-1382104073720.jpg

This looks good for either a shorter barrel or one with the Law folding adapter.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 1:15:02 PM EDT
[#24]

I can get these cases that are made in the USA for a good price.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 6:43:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I got this one at Walmart for $13.96 ~>

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/88/38/13/93/0088381393253_500X500.jpg

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wilson-Racket-Tennis-Bag/23578447

It's the same bag I saw at a major-name sporting goods store selling for $55

View Quote

Just got one of these for my FFL to store my  pistol for the California 10 day wait for DROS.
Super happy i saw this post!
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 10:11:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
511 Sling pack looks nice, but I question whether an AR pistol would fit in it without breaking it in half.  Doesn't look long enough.
View Quote

I use this pack it is comfortable on the back. I love how quick and easy it is to deploy my diamondback 7.5 inch db15 pistol.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:26:34 PM EDT
[#27]
For something really low key,
it doesn't get any better than
this. I was sizing a bag up for
my AR pistol tonight.

John
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:49:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Bought this case from Woot this morning, sale good for 3 more days or until sold out. $39.99 + $5 shipping.

Yukon Outfitters Breakdown Gun Case
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top