Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2003 6:46:59 PM EDT
Anyone know where to purchase empty boxes for compact storage of ammo?  Maybe in quanties of 100 or 500?

I have been looking around for several years for 20 or 30 round cardboard boxes, where there is no tray.  Just like what comes in battle-packs, or most military ammo I have seen.  Small and compact, but the right size for 223's.

I've asked the NRA "where to find" column, Scharch Mfg, Dillion, Midway, etc. but no one so far knows where to get new boxes.  

Anybody out there know where to find them?  I would sure appreciate knowledge on this one.

Link Posted: 5/30/2003 9:42:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you saying you want the cardboard? Hell I've probably thrown away thousands.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:07:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I get ahold of friends of mine who are still in the military.  Cans, stripper clips, spoons, bandoleers, safety pin and cardboard are all things that end up geting chucked sooner or later.  Get ahold of a friend in the military, everytime they go to the range they should see hundred of the cardboard boxes.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:17:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the suggestion.  I will do some asking and start collecting enough used ones to work with. I have been keeping my own for a few months, but I was hoping for a few hundred.  Getting them from a military range would be a quick way to get alot at one time.

I would think they are really cheap to buy new, but an unable to find a source to get them new.

Link Posted: 5/31/2003 1:39:17 AM EDT
[#4]
look up commercial packaging and box companies in the Yellow pages.  You might need to go to the internet and google it depending on where you are.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:06:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the information.  I have never used stripper clips, I think I will try that route too.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:05:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I found a place in shotgun news that sells the cardboards for $1.00 per 7 (1 bandoler). I ordered 15 sets of them and they are nice to deal with.  here is there website

www.garysguns.com

phone number is   405-789-6896

as far as stripper clips go sniperUSMCPMI has some listed, I ordered 200 from him and i had them in a week      his are GREAT, no broken tabs, they come with  10 chargers per hundred stripper clips ordered.

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:35:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I've heard this guy has a good reputation:

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/on2/PandaWeb/wupage.html]Wu's Surplus Stuff[/url]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 3:43:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Check out our very own EE, even I have excess repack kits for sale (I have way too many!!)..
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Hell if I had known that there was a market for those things I would save more of them than I do for Stickman!  All I have to do is ask the Range Instructor from my unit when he will be out and go collect all the stripper clips, cardboard boxes, bandoleers and feeder spoons that I can carry.  Sometimes when the rest of my unit goes out for quals I just bring my own can and ask that the troops donate to my can not the trash.  Your very true that it makes it very nice for storage and seperating of different types of cartridges.  Good luck on your search and now maybe I have found my great money maker since my lotto number picking skills are weak. Scorpion34 OUT!
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top