Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2007 12:38:18 PM EDT
This is a GT lower with RRA FCG. Upper is a Bravo 16" M4 with CMT BCG. This has been giving me fits from the second trip out. Everything and I mean EVERTHING has been checked out by the original vendors.Read...sent back to Denny's and to Bravo Co. and they could not duplicate the problem. Multiple USGI type magazines, Multiple ammo brands, plenty of CLP..etc...etc... One thing, she runs almost 100% with a good domestic ammo like Rem or Win. The Privi brass and Radway is almost a guarantee FTF somewhere along the way. Chambers, fires and will not quite feed the following round. bullet tip just resting on the feed ramp. an occasional slap to the buttstock will continue the round home or pull the charging back and release always will chamber the resting round. I've probably got 1,000 rounds through her max. I feel like the import ammo is just slightly underpressure and therefore not feeding the gas system enough on the return though the problem has occured with domestic ammo too. I've never chambered a steel cased round in her and when she gets outta line I'll shoot some more CLP over the carrier and it seems to normalize for a while. I want to feel the same confidence with this rifle as I do my AK but so far it's not happening. I appeal to the vast knowledge of this forum for suggestions and thanks in advance.

Hill
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:45:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 7:11:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Now there's an option! I have a standard and an H2 buffer and seem to get same results from either one. To answer your question. Yes I'd like to practice with the cheap stuff and set back to good stuff for the Islamic invasions...er I mean Zombies...uhhh oops! Guess we should start telling it like it is eh? Either way, Yes I was told the weapon functioned fine with 69 GR. Black Hills. I just hate to burn expensive ammo...so call me cheap. It doesn't look like ammo is coming down in price any time soon if ever, I'll bite the bullet...no pun intended..and fork out 500 bucks for a case of decent ammo.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top