Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2003 4:56:07 PM EDT
Any idea what caused the discoloration near the floorplate on this mag?  Would a weld repair cause it?

Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:07:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Any idea what caused the discoloration near the floorplate on this mag?  Would a weld repair cause it?
View Quote

Hmmm.  It really does look like heat discoloration, and it's concentrated on the tabs.  It wouldn't surprise me if it was welded/brazed.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:27:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I always figured it was where they hit the sides of the floor plate to cover any missing finish that was scratched during install.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:14:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Some of mine have that, I think it's just the finish puddling around the bottom when they dip it.

It could be a lube that they use when assembling the mags at the factory.

Can you tell I'm just guessing?
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like finishing to me.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:23:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I've got one of those as well. The true story behind their looks is that they were rejected by the factory due to finish. They were dipped incorrectly and not enough. I believe (I might be wrong on this) that they were made by Labelle, but lots going around with a Colt floor plate.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top