Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2015 3:22:49 PM EDT
This is some brass that I found in my bucket while getting ready to reload. As you can tell it is Berdan, not Boxer, primed. As you can also tell, I almost ruined a perfectly good sizing die figuring this out....

Can someone identify the headstamp? I want to be sure I never buy this again. The primer is crimped in, with blue sealant. The stamp has a crosshair, and 01-CG-09.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:41:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Never mind, I found it.

It's the Carl Gustav stuff.

Mods, you can leave this up for reference or delete it. Your call.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:33:56 PM EDT
[#2]
The 'cross-hair' is the NATO mark.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting. Did not know that.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:22:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Also notice the primer crimp, only found on NATO spec ammo. I believe CG is the only manfg. to make berdan primed .223/5.56, I almost bought a load of it before I figured that out.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:31:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Also notice the primer crimp, only found on NATO spec ammo. I believe CG is the only manfg. to make berdan primed .223/5.56, I almost bought a load of it before I figured that out.
View Quote

I got some Wolf Gold 223 that is crimped I'm pretty sure.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 6:19:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Yup Carl Gustav.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 6:43:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I am just glad I didn't destroy my new dies on what I think was the 5th case I put through them. Now I have sorted all of these out and put them in the recycle bucket.

I had noticed the primer crimps on some of the other rounds, didn't know that was a NATO spec.

Thanks for the info and the responses.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top