Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2003 10:28:08 PM EDT
on worn out USGI mags?
The reason I ask is that I see DPMS now has new manufactured bodies for replacement so why can't we use new manufactured USGI for the same.

Tom

Edited to say: I know this has been discussed before but I searched and came up empty.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 12:33:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, but a prudent man would hold the demilled pre ban body as proof of legality. IMO, with the prices on NIW pre bans being what they are, it's not worth the hassle.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 9:58:10 PM EDT
[#2]
But for a glock mag it would be. Especially if you have NFML ones and want to get FML ones. Just buy new LEO, crush the old mag bodies and save them, to be replaced by the new, FML, LEO marked mag bodies. This would be cheaper by far.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 5:22:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Troy, I am waiting for you to chime in here. [peep]
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 6:37:36 PM EDT
[#4]
"Officer, follow me home.  I swear i have the original pre ban bodies in a show box under my tactical gear"

BAD FUCKING IDEA!  If you get pulled over going shooting or something, you are gonna be in for it.  I have had cops (a few years back) run every fucking serial number on all my guns on the way back from shooting.

When he finds those stamped mags, he'll want an explaination, and your vast knowledge of the AWB probably will not fly.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 9:13:42 PM EDT
[#5]
But it is legal, isn't it? Wouldn't it be nice to sue his stupid ass because he doesn't know the law? Just what our society needs, more lawsuits, lol.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 2:34:22 AM EDT
[#6]
You can sue his stupid ass, but you cannot recover. Meanwhile, you are out money for a lawyer and time to go to jail and court. Yes, you will win the case. Me? I'll pay the $10 difference between a NIW preban and a new post ban mag body and avoid the (highly unlikely) hassle. Hell, I'd even pay the ransom they want for the Glock mags.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 9:04:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

BAD FUCKING IDEA!  If you get pulled over going shooting or something, you are gonna be in for it.  I have had cops (a few years back) run every fucking serial number on all my guns on the way back from shooting.

This couldn't of happened because of your normally cheerful attitude could it? [;)]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top