Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 10:12:12 AM EDT
Since I can't garner any interest in my Colt 6721 upper, Im wondering if I can cut down the barrel to 14.5", pin on a flash hider and/or turn it down to m-4 profile?  Will cutting into the chrome lining, or crowning it, cause it chip away?  Has anyone done this?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:14:38 AM EDT
[#1]
If done right barrels can be reprofiled or cut down w/o any loss in accuracy, nor does the chrome 'flake' off.

Several vendors on this board can do the job right (ADCO, AR15Barrels.com, Kurts Kustom).
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:23:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I was worried about haveing my barrel cut down and all I wanted a Bird cage put on my 16 barrel without adding to length! I sent it to KURT and Everything work out great
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:54:59 AM EDT
[#4]
The crown is key. Had a few .308 barrels chopped down by professional smiths.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top