Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/3/2004 4:54:08 AM EST
Got an upper yesterday where the slots in the FFT are not symetrically aligned. Maybe a better way of putting it is, that they are not aligned perfectly with the vertical and horizontal axis of the barrel. Wow, I sure hope this is making sense to you guys cause I'm starting to confuse myself! Normally it wouldn't bother me, but I need to mount a stud for bipod use. I have no idea how FFT's are mounted as this is the 1st I've ever owned. Is there a simple fix, should I just leave it alone or is it something that I need to send out to a competent gunsmith? Thanks to all for your help!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:57:37 PM EST
i guss you have an aluminum FFT , most of the free float tubes are threaded 2 pieces if your slots dont line up
you can put your upper in a block, and you will have to heat it up and unscrew it all the way you will have to remove the sight tower, or gas block and gas tube clean the threads off and use lock tight (red) and screw it back on it wont get tight move the FFT to where you want it and let set for 24 hours it will be ready to go
if you have a 1 piece (old one) or a 2 piece un threaded you might want to take it to a smith for installation.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:19:51 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:21:42 AM EST
I have a similar issue with a RRA varminter upper. The bipod stud is off by about 5 degrees.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:37:05 AM EST
Top Top